Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kbeitz_gw

Wow....

kbeitz
19 years ago

I guess you all know I'll be hanging here...

Now I can really show my stuff off...

This cannon really shoots... One of many that I made...

{{!gwi}}
{{!gwi}}
{{!gwi}}

Comments (15)

• swpro11
    19 years ago

Did you turn that taper by hand kbeitz? Or do you have a taper attachment? Either way it looks great!!

• kbeitz
    Original Author
    19 years ago

I wish I had a taper attachment... But then again I really have no need for one... I free hand most of my stuff... One machine I have I computerized from the ground up...
    I made the cad software and made the electronics to drive the lead motors... That took me one whole winter... Back in the days of Basic programing... I used a Commodore 64 to run the thing... Its still working...

• backyardbill
    19 years ago

Many years ago I visited a brass foundry, and the guys there had used a 2" schedule 80 piece of pipe for a bore, and poured brass around that to make a 4 foot 2" cannon. It looked like it would do the job, but I never got to see it shoot! Nice work Kbeitz! Whats the bore? And what do you shoot?

• JeffGT235Va
    19 years ago

Dam.., I mean dang Kevin, you aren't just a tractor junkie are you? That is a nice dang cannon! And I was going to ask for a tater gun forum....geez....

• blacksmithman
    19 years ago

I guess we do not know all the talents of Kevin. He was holding out on us. Very good job on that cannon. We will be waiting to see the other projects you have worked on.

• kbeitz
    Original Author
    19 years ago

The bore is 1-1/2"... I cast my balls from lead...
    I also have a restored real fort cannon... I just love shooting this thing... the barrow was dug out of the ground ...
    It was buried for many years...
    {{!gwi}}

• DirtyEd
    19 years ago

Take a look at kevin's home page to see the many facets of that gem.
    DED

• CBS_TN
    19 years ago

Nice job....I visited Gettysberg 3 months ago. The cannons intrigued me. What is the range for your cannon?

• kbeitz
    Original Author
    19 years ago

I was told 3 miles... No idea how to test that thought...

• ventupete
    19 years ago

Can you please tell me how to post pictures? I can't figure it out. Thanks!!!

• JeffGT235Va
    19 years ago

pete - follow the link below, it is a thread on the tractor forum, will tell you all you need to know.

Here is a link that might be useful: Posting pictures

• mla2ofus
    19 years ago

That is some excelllent craftsmanship. My hat's off to you.

• spambdamn_rich
    19 years ago

"I was told 3 miles... No idea how to test that thought..."

A test might require a trip to... Iraq... :-/

• USN_ED
    19 years ago

One way to post pictures:
    {{!gwi}}
    One thing about Photo Bucket - They are getting touchier lately and you will be able to use them much more effectively if you do make a donation. I don't work for them or anything like that but I did make a contribution and as you can see, have no problem.

ED

• USN_ED
    19 years ago

Hey Kevin!!!!

If you need a place to try out your cannon, come on over. We have a big farm here called "Alturas Farms". It is over 30,000 acres and a section of it runs along Federal Hwy 395 from Alturas, CA to Likely, CA which is a distance of 19 miles. That particular section is also about 1 mile wide also. One of the owners is a real gun enthusiast and would get a kick out of firing that cannon. I have a Varmint Hunting permit for their property and shoot out there all the time. So, if you ever get a chance, come on out and we'll fire that cannon up. Oh, a great thing about this particular section of the farm is that it is flat for the whole length described.

ED

Sponsored