Return to the Metalworking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dewalt Chop saw

Posted by noworries (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 27, 04 at 13:08

I picked up a Dewalt DW871 chop saw this weekend at a 10% off sale. In looking at reviews (afterward), the jury is split. Some say it works great, others say it won't cut butter without blowing 20 amp circuits, eating brushes, burning out armatures, and that mitre cuts are hard to set up and the mitre settings walk around as you tighten the clamp.

The armature does seem small compared to a friend's milwaukee, but I like the tool-less adjustment of the fence, the "D" handle, and the overall stout appearance.

Is anybody personally familiar with this saw, good or bad? This is for home use.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dewalt Chop saw

I use one at the factory... No problem so far... You do need a big breaker though...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Metalworking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here