Return to the Metalworking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Best source for metal working equipment?

Posted by chadtoolio (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 26, 04 at 10:42

I am looking for various tools. Vise grips, dollies, mallets, shot bag, etc... Could probably order from snap-on(who I have an account with), but they would probably be at 3 times the cost. I don't know everything I need and figure that I will find out as I go.

Thanks,

Chad

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Best source for metal working equipment?

E-bay... Fast .... Big selection ... Best place for me...

o

Chad,

It sounds like you're looking for body tools. Check out Eastwood. They have all the stuff you might want.

GG

o

Look in you local phone book for distributors of welding supplies and welding gasses.

In addition to stocking the comprssed gasses, oxygen, acetelene, nitrogen and such, they also carry a full line of welding equipment and accessories.

o

Thanks for the replies... I gues I am glad that there are no local places that sell this stuff..I'd probably get in trouble. I did get a pair of #5 flip down shades the other day for using with the plasma cutter. I think a O/A torch is the next priority in this hobbie.

Chad

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Metalworking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here