Return to the Metalworking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
hi requency box ; arc to tig question

Posted by alfaman (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 15, 10 at 12:34

just bought an old high freq box; how do i set it up?

it's a lincoln 5835 high freq box to tig weld with my ac/dc +/- lincoln arc welder

i found the manual online, but am unclear how to set this up....it has a watercooled tig torch, but i might convert it to a gas cooled torch

the unit looks like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/LINCOLN-HI-FREQ-WELDER-5835-/290387183863?pt=BI_Welders

no...i didn't pay $500!...anyway could anyone give me some suggestions..

link to manual

http://content.lincolnelectric.com//...r/im/IM238.pdf

also...

convert arc to tig
...i've allready looked through all the posts on this subject (as well as on other internet sites) and wanted to ask some opinions

I am not a welder, but my father is quite good with oxyacet and arc...never used a mig or tig.. also his eyes are not what they used to be....
we will be attempting to repair some rust on an old alfa i have (have sheetmetal i cut from another car...wish me luck).....

1. I have a new (used once) lincoln ac/dc arc welder that i am going to try to do some tig welding with...it has ac and dc (+)(-)

anyway was wondering if anyone had any specific recommendations in regard to this specific unit.....(settings, named equipment, other tips)

as i said, thanks to this forum and others, i have a very good general idea on what to do....but am about to go out and buy what i need and wanted to check here before i do

Follow-Up Postings:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Metalworking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here