Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
deanbo_gw

Where to find sheet metal ?

deanbo
17 years ago

Hi,i'm deanbo and just joined.

I want to make a custom-built hood,for my daughters tropical fish tank.

We can't find one that fits,as it was built by someone[very well made] and was given to her recently,but it never had a hood and now it definitely needs one.

Where in the Stoke-on-Trent area can i buy some sheet steel ?

Either Galvanised sheet steel or aluminium would do and i only need a piece approx 4ft X 3ft and approx 1mm thick.

I've been looking on the internet but i can't find anything or anywhere where i can simply buy a piece of sheet metal ?

The closest i've got is obscure directories,that don't even tell you if they sell sheet metal.

I went to B+Q and they don't sell it[never have,so they said],nor did a few other DIY shops that my lady rang.

This seems a bit crazy to me,and i've gone and promised i'll make it for her now.

So i'm in a bit of a bind here.

I can make it easily enough,as long as i can bend it by hand but where on earth can i buy a simple piece of sheet metal ?

I can't buy online,as i haven't got a debit or credit card,so it has to be from a shop somewhere locally.

I'm not after anything fancy,and it could be just steel[not galv] if that's all i can get,but who on earth sells it ?

Thanks very much to anyone who can please help me.

Oh and HI BTW,nice to join in.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Velero Deck Designs
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
Loudoun County's Source for High-End Custom Decks & Outdoor Structures