Return to the Metalworking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can glass tile be glued to stainless steel?

Posted by alyceusvi (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 4, 06 at 16:07

I am planning an outdoor kitchen with stainless steel undercounter appliances. Can glass mosaics be glued to stainless steel? Thanks in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can glass tile be glued to stainless steel?

I don't see why not, except for a couple of things.

If the stainless steel can flex at all, the tile might crack. You might have to reinforce the sheet metal with plywood or plate steel in back of it to make it rigid enough that the tiles don't crack. Of course if it's a mosaic, then the cracks might appear in the grout and not in the tiles themselves, but it still won't be optimal.

You might also need to rough up the stainless surface to allow the thinset to get a good grip on it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Metalworking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here