Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
patti_engle

Table Saw Restoration

Patti Engle
16 years ago

Not sure where I should post this.

I have my father's old craftsman 100 table saw and I'd like to have someone check it out and restore if necessary. Just the sound of this thing firing up brings tons of great memories of my dad add the smell of the sawdust and he's right here next to me!!!

My question is who would I call? It hasn't been used for more than 20+ years and when I turn it on, it appears to be ok but within minutes starts smoking. Not sure what's making it smoke. This is extremely heavy so I really couldn't take it anywhere for opinions. Any ideas?

I was in my 30's when I told my Dad I'd like to have it. He said No..it's too big for you...go get a newer lightweight one. He finally gave in because I didn't want a saw, I wanted HIS saw. Anyways, fast forward 15 years and I'm now in my 50's and my sister and I decided to redo my kitchen and decided to give the saw a try. We had to laugh as we grabbed the smoke detector when it started smoking...we decided my Dad watching and was trying to say..."It's too big for you, I told you not to use it!!"

Sorry for getting off topic but you can maybe understand why I'd like to save it!!

Thanks in advance!

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Comments (2)

Sponsored