Return to the Metalworking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
stainless steel sink cover?

Posted by chery2 (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 25, 06 at 11:37

I love our remodel, where Kitchen, Dining Room, and Living Room are now one GreatRoom. I can manage to keep stuff off the island and DR table, but could sure use some kind of metal cover for my double ss sink. Is there such a thing? Can someone point me in the right direction? Doesn't have to be fancy. I used to have a pair of long metal burner covers, covering two at a time, but they wouldn't fit the sink. TIA, chery2

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: stainless steel sink cover?

This would be relatively easy for a sheet metal shop to fabricate. Check the yellow pages.

o
RE: stainless steel sink cover?

We had the exact problem and made an oak cutting board
that has cleats on the bottom of oak that fits exactly
in the sink. It does not move, and matches very well with
the cabinets. We use it in the sink that does not have the
disposal, so that when chopping etc, you just scrape off
into the sink with the disposal.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Metalworking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here