Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kevc___ireland

GatorBlades need mods.....

KevC___Ireland
19 years ago

Hi lads,

Dont know how safe an this is but I'll put it up here and ye might let me know your feelings about this before I carry on....

I ordered up some gator blades from the US and they duly arrived a few days later. Problem is I never mentioned to the nice chap that I have counter rotating blades with a rear discharge deck. I received blades, all with same rotation direction. After a bouncing a few e-mails back and forth with the supplier, I'm told, Gator Blade dont make a set of blades to suit my european machine.

Its teasing me whan I see one blade will work fine the other not, so I got to thinking about re shaping one of the blades to suit. I tried using a hydraulic press and a V former to reverse one of the bends but the negative angle I had to achieve to reverse the bend I needed was severe and a bit scary to say the least. So, next thought is to heat up the bend site with oxy/acet and maybe not have to put such a severe neg bend with the press? I'm concerned with lots of things but safety of the final product is paramount. Should I even be doing this from a safety point of view....?

Thanks,

Kev

Comments (2)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio