Return to the Metalworking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
wrought iron table base

Posted by pompeii (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 16, 07 at 18:47

I have a nice concrete table top with tile inlay that I would like to put on my brick patio. I am having a hard time finding a base strong enough to hold such a heavy top. Well, I can find them but they cost an arm and a leg. The top is about 1.5" thick and measures about 3.5 x 6 feet or so.

Does anyone have any ideas on where to look for a plain but sturdy table base? It does not need to be decorative, just heavy duty and able to withstand the elements. Or maybe some kind of shop that could make something? TIA

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: wrought iron table base

There is a couple of people out your way on "my tractor forum" that might be able to help you out.

o

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll check it out. I guess it would help if I mention that I'm in the NE Ohio area.

Or if anyone has ideas about something that could be used as a heavy duty table base. Thanks

o

Look for a local blacksmith (mostly word-of-mouth) to make you a base. I actually found one that was selling items on eBay and emailed to ask if he would do custom work. Many of them will, and enjoy the chance to work with you on a unique item.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Metalworking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here