Return to the Metalworking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone have a vintage Maquette welder?

Posted by John_in_MA (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 11, 05 at 17:47

Purely curious. I'm not looking for any particular info, just wondering if anyone here has an older one. Want to hear what you think of it.

I just traded (old mini drill press, mini scrollsaw, little motor, and beat power hacksaw) for this lovely machine and 15 pounds of new rod:

295 amp total output, fan cooled, 10' leads, 140 pounds of angry welder. Looks like late '60s vintage. Probably all copper. Just need to put in an outlet and we're off to the races.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone have a vintage Maquette welder?

This is my oldest welder DC and it still works....

o
RE: Anyone have a vintage Maquette welder?

I have an old Marquette welder. It goes from 25 to 275. I got it for a hundred bucks from some guy that had it sitting his diveway with a for sale sign on it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Metalworking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here