Return to the Metalworking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

Primer for new Wrought Iron

Posted by mes444 (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 10, 05 at 9:20

I bought a few wrought iron garden items imported from Mexico and need to prime and paint them. Years ago I found some excellent primer used for navy ships and I can't remember what it is called and I was wondering if anyone here knows what it is or where I can find it. Or any other good primer. Thanks for any help.

Follow-Up Postings:

RE: Primer for new Wrought Iron

Its been a long time since I was in the Navy, but as I recall the only primer we used was called "red lead". Bill BT2 USS NOA DD841

 o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

    If you are a member, please log in.

    If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Metalworking Forum

Information about Posting

  • You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here