Return to the Metalworking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Metal Finish - Plating?

Posted by dhjnyc (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 13, 06 at 22:58

I really love this perrin and rowe faucet model U.4702.
However I need it in a dark color (like a weathered copper or a oil rubbed). Powder coated black is too uniform and flat. I want something with some depth and subtle variation.
Unfortunately the faucet does not come in anything like this color. So, I was wondering If there is some plating finish that could be applied? That could achieve this kind of color effect?

also does the fact the faucet already has a finish effect the plating or finishing process??

any ideas?

Thanks,
Debra

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Metal Finish - Plating?

Probably your faucet can be plated. Often plating is a multi-step process in that some platings don't stick to, say, chrome, so an intermediate plate may need to be done. You may have to have the current plating stripped off (electrically) and then re-plated with something that the final plating will stick to. There are many commercial plating firms that can do this type of work, and some even specialize in 'old' fixtures. Try looking in the yellow pages in your area, and looking on the internet. Many of the big plating firms have 'color charts', but tell them what you are looking for. Good luck.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Metalworking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here