Return to the Metalworking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
directions pls..

Posted by casey04 (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 1, 05 at 20:00

needing info on buying,setting up,advice, etc..on a wrought iron gate with auto. opener. am i at the right place yet???

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: directions pls..

give us some more details of what you want and i'm sure someone can help.
what size gate ? what kind of mechanisium do you want to use? is the gate allready built?
Roscoe

o

thanks roscoe. we have decided on a 14ft single swing. i wanted the slide type but was told it had more issues later because of the chain. i have found the gate i want at amazinggates.com, camino real.i want the old rusted look since our home will have a new orleans feel. once i spec'd. out that gate, i couldnt justify that $ amount, since i dont want ornate. so, if i can find someone locally, could this gate be made cheaper? is this something we could install ourselves? does a solar panel do the job or should we use a battery? since needing at 14ft, would a double be better in the long run? im just not sure how to shop for any of this..thanks for any input and guidence that you may have..

o

Well you could install a couple rollers in the ground to drive your 4-wheel drive truck onto and use the power of the drive wheels connected to a gear box to open and close the gate... Then just put the truck into 4-wheel drive to use the front wheels to pull the truck off the rollers...
LOL...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Metalworking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here