Return to the Metalworking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rotary table question....

Posted by kbeitz (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 21, 05 at 19:54

I just got my second rotary table... This one has a two position knob that doesn't seem to do anything... Could anyone tell me what it's for ??? (see red arrow)
One more stupid question.... What's holding this three jaw chuck onto the table... I see no attachments anywhere...
Super glued ???

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rotary table question....

The knob by red arrow is probably for engaging some sort of drive. Think of a Ridgid pipe die holder. Have you taken the chuck jaws all the way out to see if there is some kind of bolt underneath. Superglue is good but not that good. Let us know what you find out......Jim

o

I agree with Jim,
If you can't find nothing underneath the jaws, or centre, then probably rusted to the table,.... give it a good whack!
Konrad

o

Does the knob change the ratio to a faster rotation of the table or disconnect it all together.

The chuck my be a threaded back type and they just rotated the chuck on to a fixed thread adapter mounted on the rotating table. Put the key into the the chuck and hit it counterclockwise.

Show us the picture of the bottom of the rotating table.

o

That looks like a varnished wood table that it's on. Probably with gravity, and the varnish as a glue, you need a prybar to get it loose.

GG

o

I'd guess it's bolted from the back of the rotary table, or possibley threaded on. That chuck doesn't seem to have through bolt holes.

o

Well I found one of my problems... The two position knob was broken... Cracked... Not letting it adjust... It would not release the table... I just welded it and I'm waiting for it to cool down so I can machine it to fit again...

As far as I can tell the chuck must have the tapered shaft holding it on...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Metalworking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here