Return to the Metalworking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Metal Art

Posted by jeuck (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 24, 07 at 16:36

I am interested in having someone design a metal art tree for me. I would like something like the tree that is on the wall outside PF Changs. I need one that is 8 to 10 ft tall.

I have an old building in a historic district that has a sad west wall that needs a new face. I have back lighting available.

I can afford something in the 1 to $5,000 range.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Metal Art

How do i make a tool to bend metal and al circles.

o

jeuck... where are you located?

o

Milwaukee

o

Check out Blacksmith Guild nearest to you. Most reputable, capable, talented and well trained artists are part of an organisation. They love to get together and trade each others tools... ohhhhhhh a blacksmith and his tools! Good luck!

o

Try The Lincoln Electric welding school in Cleveland Ohio.
Give them a call 1 216 486 8100 ask for the school. 8-5 est
Scott

o

Thanks everyone I will follow up with your suggestions

o

I just posted this picture in the kitchens forum earlier today, but it might be an alternative that you could explore. I have purchased a couple of wall pieces and a decorative chair almost identical to this one from this artist who is located in Georgia. He does wonderful work.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Here is a link that might be useful: artist website

o

Gee to bad your so far away from me. I would do it for ya. Here is one i made myself.

o

There is a guy who does custom metal art, and his work is unbelievably good. You just have to take a look at his site to see how words can't describe. However, I should warn you that he's not cheap.
The link is included here, below. Let me know if this helps.

Here is a link that might be useful: Torchcraft.com

o

I have been searching the web for metal wall art. Most of the stuff I see is beautiful but here is the downside. It seems the most of what I see is cowboy, hunting, indian, dogs, cats and fishing art. I am looking for large pieces in the 3 to 4 foot diameter range that features things such as flowers, abstact shapes or celestial designs. Does anyone know of anything like this?

o

http://www.stevecambronne.com/

o

hardin, have you looked on eBay? I have purchased so many wall sculptures from artists who post there that I've finally run out of wall space. My taste is for abstract metal pieces. If you look under
ART > Direct from the Artist > Sculpture
and then just use WALL as a search term, that will fetch a range of types of wall sculpture.

Here is a link that might be useful: Examples

o

gretch1964 - I'm in love with your metal tree. I've never seen anything like that before! How much do one of those things run for?

o

It goes for 400 for 10 foot one. We make smaller or bigger ones.

o

Hi all,
My first time on the forum and I think I'm in heaven. I love metalwork, particularly art and furniture.
Revans1, your piece is absolutely beautiful. The link didn't work--could you check it or specify the artist or website name?
Probookie, great finds on eBay. I then tried to find furniture or other kinds of decor (aside from wall art) under "direct from the artist" but was unsucessful--do you know how I'd do that?
Can't wait to wade through this forum! Thanks to all.

o

hi
not sure if you have seen my website if not maybe you would like to check my website
cheers
jake

Here is a link that might be useful: metal wall sculpture

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Metalworking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here