Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeuck

Metal Art

jeuck
17 years ago

I am interested in having someone design a metal art tree for me. I would like something like the tree that is on the wall outside PF Changs. I need one that is 8 to 10 ft tall.

I have an old building in a historic district that has a sad west wall that needs a new face. I have back lighting available.

I can afford something in the 1 to $5,000 range.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Comments (16)

• crick58
    17 years ago

How do i make a tool to bend metal and al circles.

• whoooooooooosh
    17 years ago

jeuck... where are you located?

• jeuck
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Milwaukee

• whoooooooooosh
    17 years ago

Check out Blacksmith Guild nearest to you. Most reputable, capable, talented and well trained artists are part of an organisation. They love to get together and trade each others tools... ohhhhhhh a blacksmith and his tools! Good luck!

• scott2006
    17 years ago

Try The Lincoln Electric welding school in Cleveland Ohio.
    Give them a call 1 216 486 8100 ask for the school. 8-5 est
    Scott

• jeuck
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks everyone I will follow up with your suggestions

• revans1
    16 years ago

I just posted this picture in the kitchens forum earlier today, but it might be an alternative that you could explore. I have purchased a couple of wall pieces and a decorative chair almost identical to this one from this artist who is located in Georgia. He does wonderful work.

{{!gwi}}

Here is a link that might be useful: artist website

• gretch1964
    16 years ago

Gee to bad your so far away from me. I would do it for ya. Here is one i made myself.

• explorer7585
    16 years ago

There is a guy who does custom metal art, and his work is unbelievably good. You just have to take a look at his site to see how words can't describe. However, I should warn you that he's not cheap.
    The link is included here, below. Let me know if this helps.

Here is a link that might be useful: Torchcraft.com

• hardin
    16 years ago

I have been searching the web for metal wall art. Most of the stuff I see is beautiful but here is the downside. It seems the most of what I see is cowboy, hunting, indian, dogs, cats and fishing art. I am looking for large pieces in the 3 to 4 foot diameter range that features things such as flowers, abstact shapes or celestial designs. Does anyone know of anything like this?

• probookie
    15 years ago

hardin, have you looked on eBay? I have purchased so many wall sculptures from artists who post there that I've finally run out of wall space. My taste is for abstract metal pieces. If you look under
    ART > Direct from the Artist > Sculpture
    and then just use WALL as a search term, that will fetch a range of types of wall sculpture.

Here is a link that might be useful: Examples

• countrygal720
    15 years ago

gretch1964 - I'm in love with your metal tree. I've never seen anything like that before! How much do one of those things run for?

• gretch1964
    15 years ago

It goes for 400 for 10 foot one. We make smaller or bigger ones.

• collage5
    15 years ago

Hi all,
    My first time on the forum and I think I'm in heaven. I love metalwork, particularly art and furniture.
    Revans1, your piece is absolutely beautiful. The link didn't work--could you check it or specify the artist or website name?
    Probookie, great finds on eBay. I then tried to find furniture or other kinds of decor (aside from wall art) under "direct from the artist" but was unsucessful--do you know how I'd do that?
    Can't wait to wade through this forum! Thanks to all.

• artsapart
    15 years ago

hi
    not sure if you have seen my website if not maybe you would like to check my website
    cheers
    jake

Here is a link that might be useful: metal wall sculpture

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz