Return to the Metalworking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Stainless Steel Source

Posted by geniere1 (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 13, 05 at 3:13

Im looking for a source to obtain 4 pieces of stainless steel. Each should be 5 inches square with a thickness of about 3/32 to 1/8 inches. Stainless type is not important, neither is the finish. I can cut up a larger sheet(s) if necessary. I was looking at my stainless kitchen sink and frying pans but my wife caught me!

Thanx - Steve

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Stainless Steel Source

Metal salvage yards???

GG

o

Aircraft Spruce. Yeah, I know, spruce sounds like lumber, not metal. But, they have what you want. They will sell in small quantities. Your nearest sheet metal distributer might want to sell you a 48 by 96 inch sheet.

o

Just about any sheet metal shop will have what you need in their drop rack by the shear. If you can find your local shops phone number call and ask for the shop foreman (not the sales estimators) he will probably fix you up for just a few bucks. These guys always have some drops from jobs. Just ignore the sign on the gate that says $250.00 minimum it is just for the people that want little stuff for free and bug them to death.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Metalworking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here