SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
menoginger

free menopause info from fed. consumer info cntr. pueblo, co

MenoGinger
22 years ago

This was in my newspaper today from the Federal Consumer Information Center of the United States Government.

I don't know if those of you outside of the US have free access to it, but I would write anyway and try. It never hurts to try.

Here is the article and it finishes with the FREE 800 number and the address if you write for it.

"Menopause Questions Answered

If you are nearing menopause, you're probably aware of the changes to expect. But you may be confused about the controversy over hormone replacement therapy (HRT), osteoporosis, heart disease, and breast cancer.

To answer some of your questions, the Federal Consumer Information Center is offering a free package of special publications that contain information on menopausal symptoms, the use of HRT, and making some lifestyle changes that reduce the health risks associated with menopause.

'To Be or Not to Be - On Hormone Replacement Therapy' from the Centers for Disease Control is a 34 page workbook providing information and guidance that can help you make a decision about whether HRT would be a good choice for you. Using the workbook, you can assess your risks for osteoporosis, heart disease, and breast cancer - three important diseases thqt relate to the use of HRT. There are quizzes you can take, easy-to-understand charts and tables to illustrate current studies, and personal risk assessment for each of these conditions. Going through the workbook will also prepare you to discuss HRT with your health care provider.

Another publication, 'Taking Charge of Menopause' from the Food and Drug Administration, focuses on the symptoms of menopause and the lifestyle changes that you can make to increase longevity and help sustain a good quality of life.

Learn more about menopause and reduce your risk of the long term health conditions associated with it using these two free publications.

To order, call toll-free (888) 8- PUEBLO, or (888) 878-3256, weekdays from 9am to 8pm adn ask for 'Women Only', or send your name and address to: For Women Only, Pueblo, CO 81009"

Good luck! I am calling first thing Monday Morning! This sounds like a great workbook to get our hands on!

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz