Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is short term memory loss normal?

Posted by marie26 (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 19, 06 at 21:48

For instance, I used my cell phone at a store and 5 minutes later, I thought I had left it where I used it because it wasn't in my pocket. I found it by calling it. I had put it in my purse. This sort of thing keeps happening to me, where I end up panicking for no reason. I haven't had a period since September 10 and I'm past the age (55) of when I should have started menopause.

Is this only me that this happens to or is it part of menopause? Is there anything I can take to counter this?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is short term memory loss normal?

The average age of menopause, last I read, is 50 years, so are doing well not to have gone through it already. Some women do have memory loss and anxiety. I have had those problems at times, and at other times, am much better able to focus and remember things. I figure it's when my hormone levels are fluctuating. I had a partial hyst at a young age, so I have no periods to go by, but I have to rely on PMS symptoms, which are getting further and further apart in frequency.
Mrs H

o

major fact of life..sigh..

read they have a new game out for christmas, which helps we "sr's", lol, with memory...

o

This might be something that will help. A lot of the problems is the nutrients that you are lacking when menopause starts, so try this drink out. It also helps with the energy loss that you get with menopause. Give the site a look and tell me what you think! Thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: Body Balance

o

YES! YES! YES! You are fine!! Gee if that's your biggest worry, you should sit back & feel good! I have to call my daughter from the video store to ask her what movies we've seen! I've also read that memory problems will resolve after a few years. Just continue using your mind & learning new things.
The best thing for you is to stay active, work out, & most of all start lifting weights - that is the single most important thing we can do for our bones!!!
I'm 51 & have been in menopause for at least 5-6 years. It's not so bad, once a year a period may sneak up, but we just trade it for a new set of symptoms.

o

Playing memory games can help... if you keep it up... takes awhile, but it does work on Mentalpause.

o

The sad part for me is I can't determine which is due to meno or getting old. ha ha ha, still not funny!

Carla

o

No Short Term Memory Loss is a terrible thing. I suffered a lot out of that. Then I came to know about Thoughts Become Reality and their Hypnotherapy Treatment. It really worked out very well.

o

I was just reading about this yesterday, and....
Oh, well if it's important I'll remember

o

I'm post-menopausal, and the short-term memory loss and anxiety are frustrating the heck out of me. I just turned 55, and am really hoping things improve soon.

o

Isn't this short term memory loss annoying? My husband gets so frustrated with me sometimes. :) I read somewhere, can't remember where, sigh, that cold water Omega 3 supplements may help. I don't know if it is true.

o

Thanks. I am only 45 and in one week I lost my purse and then my keys. I really was beginning to think I was getting dementia but my sheets are sweaty too so I guess it is just the menapause!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here