Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
menopause

Posted by raiderrdh (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 1, 09 at 20:51

I"m 48 years old, on birth control pills for last 14 years and just been told that I'm in menopause following a FSH hormone test. What should I expect now that I've told to finish my pack and then stop taking the BCP's. I've had no symptoms.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: menopause

Do not set your mind on expecting anything. If you think and wait for the worst you will surely get it. You can get a list of symptoms anywhere but why bother, just live one day at a time and don't dwell on it. Every woman experiences menopause differently. Some sail right through it with just the odd hot flash or no symptoms at all, and others have a harder time.

The best thing you can do right now is keep yourself healthy. Eat nutricious food especially milk to guard against bone loss, exercise and avoid stress. These are the things that will help you through menopause.

o
RE: menopause

Thanks for follow up note. Now I've been recommended to stay on the birth control pills thru January to get through the holidays. By not having any symptoms at the present time, all the so called menopause symptoms scare the heck out of me such as weight gain, unwanted facial hair, temperament, etc. Although I do exercise regularly, eat right most of the time and usually have a good outlook, I just wasn't expecting to hear this "news" so I guess I'll just go along with the flow and see what happens.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here