Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
can y say busy?

Posted by susanjf (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 17, 06 at 19:17

well, i had the most unusual dr's appointment last friday! ever have a pelvic at midnight? get this... my actual appt was for 7pm...and he was behind by 9 patients (he's a "talker"..unheard of these days)

yup, i'm being treated (or will be) for uterine cancer and i was the oncologist's last appt of the day!

so now facing spending christmas in the hospital (i'm guessing) but as he said you don't wait for cancer...

has anyone else been to a dr that busy? he's also the head of the gyn onocolgy dept for a major hospital and university. as far as we could make out from the nurse, he does this twice a week and suurgery the rest of the week...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: can y say busy?

My gawd, that's a dedicated doctor- and a dedicated patient that will wait until midnight! My hat's off to you, and I wish you the best with your treatments and recovery. Please keep us informed on how it's going.
Mrs H

o

thanks!

o

hi mrs h...had an office visit today. they removed some stiches, did some testing on the bladder, (we had to remove the catherter at home) and got the results of the internal "body wash", negative! yea!

tell you though, it's an aweful office to sit in...some very young woman must have been very bad shape...the nurse was setting up an appt for ct scan and i don't think the news was good...

o

Glad you had good news on your office visit. What all are you having to go through as far as treatments? Was there a fear that cancer had spread? Did you have a hysterectomy? Interested in knowing what all is happening.
Mrs H

o

hysterectomy, complete and part of the cervex...but good news today...so far everything bio'ed has come back negative....(other than the "found" cancer) i'm one happy camper. will find out if he wants more treatment. he's quite the oncologist...the visiting nurse said people go to him to "live"...

o

Wonderful news. Thanks for getting back to us.
Mrs H

o

no chemo or radiation, yea! do have to get kidney function back to normal...then a ct scan (preventive)

o

That's super. Please keep me updated on what's happening. Great wishes to you.
Mrs H

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here