Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A Meno Christmas wish..

Posted by gatorgirl (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 19, 01 at 17:25

If I were ol' Santa, you know what I'd do? I'd dump the silly gifts that are given to you, And deliver some things just inside your front door. Things you have lost, but treasured before.

I'd give you back all your maidenly vigor, and to go along with it, a neat tiny figure. Then restore the old color that once graced your hair, before rinses and bleaches took residence there.

I'd bring back the shape with which you were gifted, so things now suspended need not be uplifted.

I'd draw in your tummy and smooth down your back, Till you'd be a dream in those tight fitting slacks.
I'd remove all your wrinkles and leave only one chin, So you wouldn't spend hours rubbing grease on your skin.

You'd never have flashes or queer dizzy spells, and you wouldn't hear noises
like the ringing of bells.

No sore aching feet and no corns on your toes, no searching for spectacles when they're right on your nose. Not a shot would you take in your arm, hip or fanny, from a doctor who thinks you're a nervous old granny.

You'd never have a headache, so no pills would you take, and no heating pad would be needed since your muscles won't ache.

Yes, if I were Santa, you'd never look stupid, You'd be a cute little chick with the romance of a cupid.

I'd give a lift to your heart when those wolves start to whistle, and the joys of your heart would be light as a thistle.

But alas! I'm not Santa. I'm simply just me... the matronliest of matrons you ever did see.

I wish I could tell you all the symptoms I've got, But I'm due at my doctor's for an estrogen shot.

Even though we've grown older this wish is sincere-
! MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR !
Thought this was a hoot... take heart... there is a life after peri- meno...judy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A Meno Christmas wish..

Heehee......that was a good one!!! I had a hysterectomy 2 years ago and I'm feeling "matronly"! Cute poem!

o

Thanks for sharing that poetry with us. It's a spirit lifter for sure. Just to think someone would like to give us back all those lost treasures is comforting. It also reminds me of the new treasures I have that I didn't have then.

o

Thanks Gatorgirl for sharing that, although Santa's visit is already 10 days past it gives me a good chuckle. Need a few as the holidays took a toll on me and I ended up with pnemonia and I feel like a pin cushion from all the shots . At least my menopausal symptoms are at bay. Actually after 5 years I think I have survived the worst and life is actually quite tolerable! I am on line again , just a newly ordained one today so am signing out with my new name. Maybe some of you might recognize my wordy style. Oh well,later friends! Sunflower_55

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here