SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mostie_gw

Thank HEAVENS!

mostie
16 years ago

I am SO glad I found this place- I am 47, and having had 6 children, I can tell you anything you want to know about childbirth, etc.- but do you think I read up on menopause? Ohhh nooooo, lol- and here I am- not sure if I'm going through it or not, but I'll tell you what: if this isn't it, or at least the beginnings? Then I'm certifiable for the nuthouse-lol. A year and a half ago, I remarried and moved from California to Michigan to be with my husband, who is a native Michigander- the day after we started out on the drive, I started my period 2 weeks early, but it only went for 3 days, and then I ended up missing one the next month-I chalked it up to stress from changing my entire life by moving (mid life crisis? haha- could be!)- then a month later, I started a mild period that lasted for almost 2 months, and by the end of it, it was so heavy and painful that I carried the phone around with me for fear that I would bleed to death and not be able to get to the phone in time, lol- (don't ask me what I would have done had this actually happened, and the ambulance decided to dilly-dally for 15 minutes!!)-I spoke to my cousin in NM who is 5 years older, and she freaked me out by telling me that 'this isn't normal, it could be a sign of uterine/ovarian cancer-'so off to the doctor I went- he told me that 99 percent of the time, it was due to hormones changing, and that he had only had 2 women in his office during the time he had been practicing who had either of those, and that he knew something was wrong the minute he looked at them- so, the period finally ended, and it went back to normal- soooooo (please forgive me, I'm ranting, but omg I'm so glad there are others out here like me!!)then....I missed last month- this month, slight very pale spotting, nothing more so far- and no hot flashes- other than the normal stuff where you overheat up too quick, and are dying for cool air- It was 9 degrees outside today, and I have to have the window cracked at night for that cool air- my poor, wonderful husband- lol--However...the mood swings- oh Lord- my mood swings are horrific- I'm so teary all of the time, at the drop of a hat, I always have these awful feelings of 'doom', or 'something bad is going to happen'- my memory isn't what it used to be, and it's so wierd- and me, who has never worn glasses in her life because I never needed them, now has to squint a bit at the screen- and when I'm reading, afterwards, I have difficulty focusing for a good 15 minutes or so- read a small label? HA- forget it! lol- so tell me ladies, is this the type of things we all experience, or is it just something that varies from woman to woman? Thanks all for listening!!

Comments (4)

Sponsored