SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mostie_gw

Thank HEAVENS!

mostie
16 years ago

I am SO glad I found this place- I am 47, and having had 6 children, I can tell you anything you want to know about childbirth, etc.- but do you think I read up on menopause? Ohhh nooooo, lol- and here I am- not sure if I'm going through it or not, but I'll tell you what: if this isn't it, or at least the beginnings? Then I'm certifiable for the nuthouse-lol. A year and a half ago, I remarried and moved from California to Michigan to be with my husband, who is a native Michigander- the day after we started out on the drive, I started my period 2 weeks early, but it only went for 3 days, and then I ended up missing one the next month-I chalked it up to stress from changing my entire life by moving (mid life crisis? haha- could be!)- then a month later, I started a mild period that lasted for almost 2 months, and by the end of it, it was so heavy and painful that I carried the phone around with me for fear that I would bleed to death and not be able to get to the phone in time, lol- (don't ask me what I would have done had this actually happened, and the ambulance decided to dilly-dally for 15 minutes!!)-I spoke to my cousin in NM who is 5 years older, and she freaked me out by telling me that 'this isn't normal, it could be a sign of uterine/ovarian cancer-'so off to the doctor I went- he told me that 99 percent of the time, it was due to hormones changing, and that he had only had 2 women in his office during the time he had been practicing who had either of those, and that he knew something was wrong the minute he looked at them- so, the period finally ended, and it went back to normal- soooooo (please forgive me, I'm ranting, but omg I'm so glad there are others out here like me!!)then....I missed last month- this month, slight very pale spotting, nothing more so far- and no hot flashes- other than the normal stuff where you overheat up too quick, and are dying for cool air- It was 9 degrees outside today, and I have to have the window cracked at night for that cool air- my poor, wonderful husband- lol--However...the mood swings- oh Lord- my mood swings are horrific- I'm so teary all of the time, at the drop of a hat, I always have these awful feelings of 'doom', or 'something bad is going to happen'- my memory isn't what it used to be, and it's so wierd- and me, who has never worn glasses in her life because I never needed them, now has to squint a bit at the screen- and when I'm reading, afterwards, I have difficulty focusing for a good 15 minutes or so- read a small label? HA- forget it! lol- so tell me ladies, is this the type of things we all experience, or is it just something that varies from woman to woman? Thanks all for listening!!

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Bull Run Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars273 Reviews
Virginia's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Renovation Firm I Best of Houzz