SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rumraisinful

Tingling/Burning Head and Body?

Rumraisinful
12 years ago

Out of desperation I'm putting this out there in case I'm not alone. I've seen a couple posts where people have mentioned tingling or burning, weird head stuff, sort of like me, but not sure. I've been to four doctors who don't have a clue and I'm actually hoping this is just menopause!

Two years ago the base of my scalp at my neck started tingling and itching. I thought it was shampoo not rinsed, water, etc., but after experimenting it wasn't. Over the next few months it crawled up the back of my head and down my face, then over arms and through body turning into more of a burn. On a very good day it's located only at my head and avery mild tingling sensation. On a bad day and often at night my head shoulders and arms burn. There is no visible indication. On my head every now and then I get a very tiny little bump that itches and can be scratched off. Under a microscope it looks like a piece of dried skin. I rarely eat chocolate due to bad reactions, but once I did have dark chocolate and it all went away!? Recently the burning moved into my left ear with dizziness/equilibrium issues and on a bad day it feels like my left ear and neck are inflammed and swollen with pain in my jaw/teeth. Ear home remedies of all kinds made it burn worse.

I was really scared about brain issues for a while but doctors don't seem to care so I'm wondering if I should just stop worrying (and stop giving more money to useless doctors!). I can live with the discomfort. Someone suggested something like this might be lack of hormones affecting my nerves? The only thing I can think of is this is another weird menopause symptom? To me that's the difficulty with menopause - is it menopause or something serious? Anyone else have anything remotely similiar?

Thanks!

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Creating Thoughtful, Livable Spaces For You in Franklin County