SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
andierut

need to bring up headaches again

Andierut
22 years ago

Who else is suffering from excruciating headaches or possibly migraines from perimenopause or menopause?

I suffered from "sick" headaches as a child and they went away for years. Both of my grandmothers developed migraines as they proceeded into menopause. I was always afraid that would happen to me when the time came, and unfortunately it has.

Generally, I get the headaches on the second day of my period. My periods are still coming every month, but somewhat irregular. I'm 49 and have been having perimenopause symptoms for about 9 years now.

This month 2 days before my period I felt like I had morning sickness and yesterday 1 day before, I woke up with one of my terrible headaches. I take Advil right away and it never helps; neither does aspirin or Tylenol. The only thing that helps is when it finally is so bad that I'm just physically "knocked out" by it, I lay down in the dark and after an hour or two of sleep it fades. It starts all over my head and seems to finally land on the upper left side of my head over my left eye.

The pain is so bad that I become nauseous and I get very hot and sweaty.

Any thoughts on meds that might help or any other remedies?

Thanks,

Andierut

Comments (22)

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH