SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kazoo123_gw

breast pain solutions?

kazoo123
11 years ago

Hi, I'm new here. I am 49 and have recently entered menopause. I went off the pill in May, and was doing fine (no hot flashes!), but I started having sore breasts in November, which lasted about 4 weeks, and then I felt like I had a period (cramping), but no period appeared. After than the soreness went away, for all of two weeks. Now it is back, and seemingly worse. I feel headachy and bloated.

I am pretty frustrated because I thought that with menopause, I wouldn't have to deal with this anymore (Soreness has been a problem before periods my whole adult life). I am guessing that my body, having just recently entered menopause, is still cycling somewhat with the hormones. Having sore breasts for 4 weeks with only a 2 week break is really annoying.

Throughout my adult life, I just sort of accepted that I was sore two weeks out of every four. I never did anything about it. My questions are: what CAN be done about it, if anything? Is it normal to experience this? Why am I sore for so much longer now? Will it go away again (from May to November I was fine)?

I am always concerned about side effects. For example, I saw some supplements which worked for some women, but they seemed to have unacceptable effects, like raising blood sugar, blood pressure, or cholesterol.... all things I am not interested in raising. And nothing I saw seemed to have been confirmed scientifically.

Help?

Comments (3)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor