Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hello!

Posted by CatherineT (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 29, 01 at 13:30

Hi everyone,
I just found this wonderful place this morning. It must have been divine intervention! I have Fibromyalgia, along with being in perimenopause. I am almost 52. I'm always struggling just to stay afloat with this old bag-o-bones of mine! To make a really long boring story short, I was on alot of estrogen for a couple years to control headaches. I finally got off Premarin and discovered that my headaches were actually better off the Premarin, and that it just takes about 2 weeks to 2 months for me to stabilize after a hormone change. I thought maybe I would feel even better off my combi-patch, so off it came about 2 and 1/2 months ago. I'm a very natural-type person, and wanted to be able to live without hormones. Bad move. My fibromyalgia has worsened alot....and 2 weeks ago, I started getting dizzy, like so many of you have been. I got on the computer this morning out of desperation to understand this dizziness. Then I found this site and started reading that many of you have dizziness! I'm sorry for you all, but it's sure nice to realize I'm not alone! So.......I finally cried "Uncle" this morning, and put my combipatch back on. I'll let you know if it helps the dizziness. I'm so glad I found you all!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hello!

Fibromyalgia and peri/menopause seem to be a challenging pair--you have my sympathies. I hope that you find the effect you're looking for in resuming your combipatch. Don't forget that many other hormone preparations exist, many of which are closer to what the body made than the synthetics you have used so far are (without the uncertainty of the food or supplement-grade hormones). It seems that for women who in general are happy with taking hormones but have a single displeasing effect, switching around (especially from synthetic to bioidentical or the reverse) is a useful thing to try. On the other hand, some women (especially those with complex medical needs) find that synthetic is exactly what they must have to prevent the body from using the hormones taken in in bioidentical form for other uses. Still, it's always worth experimenting to find the least-intrusive package of prescription and lifestyle interventions that provide the effects you've identified as your goal.

Good luck with your search, and please let us know how things are working out.

o
RE: Hello!

see my post to 'need to bring up headaches again'

Read the information and you may/will find your answer to help your doctor prescribe what you need and what he may not have suspected.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here