SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dianewi30

Best progesterone

Diane WI
23 years ago

Hi Ladies!! I was wondering which progesterone cream is the BEST to buy??/ Its about 20bucks a tube and I dont think I can afford to experiment. Any suggestions??

Thanks Diane

Comments (101)

• Anne M
    23 years ago

Hi deb, I had horrible brain symptoms. poor memory, foggy feeling in my head, inability to concentrate on reading, etc. They all got better after 6 mo of using progesterone cream with no estrogen of any kind.

• Diane
    23 years ago

Talk about fast!! I ordered my Phytoprolief last Saturday and got it last Tuesday. I am so pleased with the product and I do believe it is already starting to work on my flashes. My boobs feel like they're deflating too. I know young women wouldn't be thrilled at that, but I sure am!!!

• Related Discussions

Hot flashes: What (so far) seems to be working!

Q

Comments (7)
    I've been buying it at my local health food store, but I'm sure I can get the same thing online for less $. I intend to do a search today (when I have a bit more time) to see who's got the best price. Oh, and this was certainly no comfort to me -- my mom, who will be 70 years old next month -- says she still has a flash from time to time. :-/
    ...See More

Going off the pill at 50

Q

Comments (123)
    I am so glad this discussion is on here! I am 52, and was just told to go off the combo pill in August, after being on it nearly continuously since 17 when I picked it up in college. My blood pressure had started to go up last year, so we figured this was the cause. I had never had high blood pressure before - usually the opposite. I tried reducing salt and increasing exercise for a bit, but it had little impact. So, I was recommended going off or switching to the mini-pill progesterone-only. The first two weeks were fine, then I had a couple of weeks of constant overheating(no 'flashes', just constant hot). I read about how sometimes when you go off the combo pill, your insulin levels can be weird as your other systems take over estrogen and general thermostat regulation, so I cut out all the high spiky insulin foods(think sugar and white rice along with the rest of the online lists of foods to avoid) and reduced some caffeine, and the heat problem turned off completely. Now it has been three months of progesterone only, and I can see my skin aging, and hair growth slowing. I had been having a lot of brain-fog issues the past few years, and those have not changed, sadly. It's very annoying, and I hope that part at least sorts itself out by 60. Bonus and unexpected - my internal base stress level has gone down. It's just easier to cope. I have added rice and sugar back with no problems, and overheating is completely gone. I am sleeping better, although now I have weird little dreams, when I have never been one to remember dreams much at all. I do not have more energy, and some of my hand strength is just gone. Also, mentally, I find I am more detached from things and people, but not in a depressed or destructive way. More the feeling of having a choice about being involved or not, rather than having an immediate reaction (like wanting to scream at the grocery clerk that eye-rolled when asking a valid question). Hoping I am just done, but it's too soon to tell. I get mild cramping with no period, and some spotting during the week I would have normally had one in the '4th week off' time. But it's too soon to write off periods altogether. I am hoping most of the worst of it was masked during the past 5 years. But...I do have female relatives that didn't hit menopause until 56-65. One would have thought with half the planet going through this in their lives that there would be more medical study and progress on this in the last 50 years, but apparently no. lol I think starting a better workout routine and nutrition plan is next on the agenda. Wondering how much of my personality and priority-setting is hormone related. Will be interesting to see who I become now. Maybe my ten year old self has a chance again. :) She was fun.
    ...See More

Newbie Questions-Progesterone Cream

Q

Comments (2)
    Wow, sorry no one got to you before this. Let me see if I can try to answer you. 1. Go ahead and start. If a period starts, stop and count 7 days, then start again. 2. Your schedule is 3 weeks on and 1 week off. The other schedule is for women with regular cycles. 3. Not sure about your brand, but it sounds ok. 4. I think you would do well with twice a day. But if you want to start with once a day, you can always work up to twice a day when needed. 5. Fleshy areas are preferred. Yes always rotate areas of application. 6. I can speak from experience for insomnia and night sweats that you may very well find relief. I think all your symptoms will be relieved, because they are a result of low progesterone. 7. Sorry, I don't know anything about the tests, and I have never been tested. I have been using cream since Jan'00 with great success. 8. In the first few days, many women experience a PMS-like feeling, including headaches. It should not be unbearable, and you should continue using the cream. It's a hormonal adjustment period that only last a few days. A small minority of women experience a higher level of discomfort such as increased anxiety and feel they need to stop. Many women have no adverse reactions at all and find relief right away. 9. The cream is safe to use for the symptoms you describe, and will not worsen the fibrocystic breast condition, and may actually improve it. Hope this helps.
    ...See More

Perimenopause Help!!!

Q

Comments (1)
    Sorry to hear what you are going through. I am in post-menopause, however, I am still having symptoms especially anxiety. I tried progesterone cream twice over the last 2 years and it did make the anxiety worse. I know progesterone cream helps a lot of women but I am not one of them. I recently got my Dr. to prescribe Beta Blockers for the anxiety. I haven't taken them enough to know if they will help. I am seeing a Naturopath Dr. currently and he has given me a couple of different supplements to get my body to make its own hormones. He said I literally have no hormones. Testosterone severely below normal levels and the same with estrogen. I know it is awful for you. I tried HRT about 4 years ago and it made matters worse. I am going to stick with the naturopath for now. I really work hard to learn to accept this whole menopause thing and have the best attitude I can but it is still overwhelming at times especially with the anxiety.
    ...See More
  • Barbara-UT
    23 years ago

Oh my god! After reading this thread, as well as most of those before this, I decided to check out the Phytoprolief website and I am completely blown away!! I cannot believe they have a follow up program!!!!! This is something I have never seen from any store, website, or even doctor's office, where THEY themselves take the initiative to call you and see how you're doing. At my age, 59, and living alone, I really need all the help and support in dealing with this menopause. I'm especially new to the idea of using progesterone cream and am glad to see so many women getting good results with it.

• Marilyn Houser
    23 years ago

Hey Barbara! I felt the same way when I received my long distance call from Margarita, my phyto contact. I had a very nice caring conversation with her. Yes that is good business to follow up with your customers to make sure everything is satisfactory but was a nice surprise. I couldn't honestly tell her after only 10 days of using it whether I noticed any positive changes. At least I can say it does not inflate the boobs!! I understand it can reduce the bloating of them considerably. My prescript HRTs all gave me the terrible tenders!! I am on my second round of anti viral drug for the shingles still have the terrible pleurisy under the rib cage but no rash so the pills might have caught that in time. So I am still faithfully using the one fourth tsp from the pump each morning and night so I will let you all know if I see or feel anything different. ASAP. Marilyn H.

• Diane
    23 years ago

I almost didn't believe Marilyn & Barbara until I got my call today. I guess it's about a couple of weeks since I got it. Boy, they are good! I almost wept talking to them because they just made me laugh and you really feel them listening. I believe we talked a good 20-30 minutes. That's more time than what my doctor gives me!!! Isn't that a shame???

• barbie
    23 years ago

OK Ladies, you've convinced me. I am about to send my order through for PhytoProlief. Now, let's see if they call me in Australia!

Barbie

• Diane
    23 years ago

Oh Barbie, you're gonna love them. I bet you $5 they will! Anybody else taking bets?? hahaha!

• barbie
    23 years ago

Good one Diane.

Hope it's all you folks say it is, I had to order three bottles because I am in Australia. I can almost see my credit card curling in agony!

Barbie

• barbie
    23 years ago

OK I'm impressed.

I ordered the PhytoProlief on Saturday 27th. I received an acknowledgment yesterday (28th) by e-mail. Margarita has just phoned me to confirm the order (5 pm 29th here). She started off with "Happy Birthday". I am 55 today and of course they ask for birthdate on order form. Margarita said they would be shipping tomorrow (Tuesday) so I should receive it Friday. Can't wait. She said she would follow up with me every couple of weeks. So Diane, you would have won your bet had anyone taken you up on it!

By the way, it was 1:30 am wherever Margarita is and freezing. We talked for about 15 minutes. We are having heatwaves here in South Australia and we had a bit of a giggle about the weather not helping the hot flashes! She sounded lovely and she apologised that I had to purchase three bottles.

Will keep you informed.

Stay cool,
    Barbie

• Diane
    23 years ago

See, I knew they would call you! I have spoken to Margarita once, the other time, it was somebody else and she is a sweetheart. She does seem very knowledgable about this whole menopause-progesterone puzzle, makes it seem so simple.

• Candice
    23 years ago

I'm just wondering. I've seen creams with 900 mg of progesterone per oz, and ones with 400 mg per oz. Does the higher concentration of progesterone make it a better cream? They cost about the same.

• Anne M
    23 years ago

Candice, The higher concentration cream would be less expensive because you could use less per application, so the ounce would last longer. Otherwise it's personal preference for the scent and "feel" of the cream.

• Candice
    23 years ago

Thanks. Now my next question is.....is progesterone cream perishable?

• Marilyn Houser
    23 years ago

OK I promised to let everyone know my impressions and honest ones at that of any progress re. phytoproleif.Well it has been about 3 weeks at least and I have used it twice a day and all I can say is that it must be working in remoisturizing my body internally!!! Remember me the one with the vag. irritations so bad I couldn't function! Well I feel great as of now! I don't know how to believe that it worked that fast absorbing transdermally. I mean ladies I haven't even needed my KY jelly ! I hope it wasn't a fluke. No I am going to believe in this product. It has not taken away my hot flashes which did reappear after one week off combi patch. but heck I am treating one things a t a time and if I keep on using it maybe the flashes will lighten up. HOpe so. More later I have a substitute teach job this afternoon. Anyone else using phyto keep up on the posting regard specific improvements and how many weeks it takes to help different areas. Marilyn

• Janice
    23 years ago

That's wonderful Marilyn! I believe consistency here is the key. I was told that the progesterone will work on your symptoms one at a time until your hormones are all balanced. And as long as you keep taking it at the right amount at the right time, you will see results.

• Joan
    23 years ago

Vaginal moisture only gets better with time. I have been using for a year and a half and would not be without it. You may want to check and see how much phytoestrogen is in the creme also. If not much you may want to add some from some other source. That will take care of hot flashes.

• Marilyn Kay Houser
    23 years ago

Thanks for responding Joan and Janice. I may try you suggestion regarding using more of the progesterone cream to fight the night and day flashes which are going to take a toll again soon. Insomnia from waking up at least 3 or 4 times a night is no Good! I have a pot,although at least 6 months to a year old of progestone 900 cream. I wonder if I dare mix two differenct kinds of natural creams. Phyto proleief repr. would probably say no. But I hate to use too much of it at a time, cost factor as well as too much dosage might be a problem. Guess I need to email my rep. Thanks ladies. Marilyn

• Joan
    23 years ago

Adding more progesterone will probably make the flashes worse. Your body is low in estrogen when you get hot. The progesterone balances or takes away the effect of the estrogen. Some kind of estrogen will need to be added to get rid of the flashes.

• sherry
    23 years ago

Urinary Infection Queen Sherry, here. I live on cranberry pills, ech. liquid, and Vitamin C pills. When nothing else works for the crotch problem, Cipro which I stockpile like a drug addict. I purchased that Dr. Lee's cream and am about to go on it shortly. It says you have to be on Day 12 to start if you are perimenopausal. If this does the trick, I will scream the good news from the roof tops.I was up last night about 5 or 6 times running to the bathroom to pee. The pressure feels unbelievable when I have this!!

• Marilyn Houser
    23 years ago

Sherry, Oh have I been there!Many times..and have taken Cipro as well. Have you asked your doc. if your frequent urinary track infections could be also vaginal irritation/infections. I have read that if vag. infections get bad they go back and forth from urinary to vag or vice versa. I am not med. background so just ask. Do you try and continue your extreme drinking regime even after you are over the infection. I am soooo bad about drinking enough liquid during the day. I have to feel dehydrated and then I go for a drink. I probably drink more water during my "sleep" every time I wake up with hot flash I cool it down with a drink, so I visit the John frequently for that reason. Oh well just thought I would respond. Hope you feel better soon it is most debilitating!! Marilyn

• Barbara-UT
    23 years ago

I've been on the phyto prolief cream for about a week now and haven't seen a change yet. Of course that's not to say I don't like it because I absolutely love how the cream feels. It kinda gives you a cool tingly feeling on the spot you apply it on. And you know it's getting absorbed because the spot you put it on doesn't stay slick or get slippery when you wet it. I always wondered about that with other creams. I just wish it worked faster because it's so hard not to be sleeping enough at night. I know I've only been on it for a week, so I guess that's asking too much.

• Marilyn Houser
    23 years ago

Barbar UT, Yes one week is not a fair trial yet! I think I have been on it about 3 wks to a month now. I used it exclusively on the lower abdomen for the first week and it gave me moisture that quickly. No it has not cured my hot flash night sweats yet but I am realistically looking at 3 to 6 months on that. I have insomnia and wake up every couple of hours and sometimes even more frequently. But I still have hopes as I have read enough entries in the forum to think it will eventually give me a balance of estrogen and progesterone. One lady suggested I might need more estrogen (phytoestrogens that is, because we are dealing with natural plant derived estrogen) So I may look into that to hurry up the flash-insomnia problem. When you have to get up for work every day and you have had about 2 or 3 hrs broken sleep pattern over a long period of time, well you are desperate and I have been there many times. That is when I jump off the Natural wagon and go ask for another try at prescription strenth HRTs-pills or patches. But I would much rather feel safer using the natural cream of Phyto Proleif. I hope it works for both of us, for everyone that tries it. Keep me posted. Marilyn

• barbie
    23 years ago

Promensil got rid of my hot flashes but I stopped taking it when my original three month's supply ran out. I started using progesterone cream shortly after starting on the Promensil. When I ran out of Promensil, I didn't buy any more as I was going to see if the progesterone cream alone would take care of the hot flashes.

It has been extremely difficult to tell the difference between a hot flash and just being hot as we have had heatwave conditions here in South Australia for nearly three months, in fact it's the hottest summer EVER, that's the hottest summer on record (up to 115°F). It has been very humid which is unusual for South Australia, so it's been like one long hot flash and even my husband suffers, so as I say, it's hard to differentiate.

I started using PhytoProlief six days ago on 6th February. I used AIM Renewed Balance for two months (the first cream I had ever used) prior to this. I didn't have any complaints about it but I was convinced, by posts on this Forum, to give PhytoProlief a try.

PhytoProlief does feel smoother, not as "grainy" but I didn't notice any overnight miracles like some ladies have experienced. I was considering taking Promensil again to get rid of the hot flashes. However, last night I woke up only once with a night sweat. Before that it was several times a night, so maybe things are looking up, particularly as it's now mid-day and I haven't had a hot flash yet. I might wait a little while longer (before deciding on whether to take Promensil again or not) to see if things continue to improve. I mean it's not even a week yet and I bought three bottles of PhytoProlief so have plenty to give it a fair trial.

I believe what everyone is saying about how good they find it. It could be my imagination, but is my facial skin looking better?

Marilyn, rather than jump off the "Natural Wagon" you could consider taking Promensil for the hot flashes and insomnia. I would certainly be happy to take it again if the PG cream alone is not enough. As I said, I am just waiting a bit longer to give the PhytoProlief a chance to "kick in". I have every faith in it.

Good health
    Barbie

Here is a link that might be useful: Promensil

• Corinne
    23 years ago

New lab critter here. Just figured out last week that I am NOT falling apart, its just pre-menopause! Whew!!!!

I ordered my phytoprorelief on Thursday (late afternoon), and here it is, today! Yay! Got a call from Marga Lu on Saturday morning. I agree with the other's comments here - they are truely amazing! She spent a lot of time on the phone with me.

I am so excited to try it out - I have very little body fat and a high metabolism, so she suggested only one dosage a day to start. Gonna start tonight.

From reading on this site, other internet sites, and talking to Marga Lu, sounds like I am VERY estrogen dominant, and have been most of my life. Bleah.

Why don't doctors, particulary Gyns ever check in to this hormone imbalance thing? I had fybrosistic masses in my breasts from my late teens. So painful during my periods, couldn't even let someone hug me, or sleep on my side. Had a prophylactic mastectomy (both) in my early 30's (my choice), as my risks for breast cancer were as bad as they can get. (The fybrosistic masses took up more than 50% of each breast - mammograms were useless, and ultrasounds every 6 months showed 2 small cysts - not cancerous "yet". Already had one needle biopsy, and didn't want to spend my 30's getting them all the time, and constantly worrying, so.... best thing I ever did! Had reconstructive at the same time w/my own stomach tissue.) So, now I find out fybrocystic problems in breasts can be a big indicator of estrogen dominance. Sigh...

Oh, well...I am so happy to have figured out (not the doctors, thank you) that all the leg/feet tingling/discomfort, bloating, constipation, dry mouth, evin chin hair, foggy brains, anxiety, suddenly sensitive gums & teeth, etc... has a treatable cause! Also is a blessing to find this out NOW and not when I am totally into menopause - as I am so small framed (and extremely lactose intolerant), I have a big red star in the osteoporosis column. So, got my phytoprorelief, got my vitamins (recommended dosages on Dr. Lee's website), gonna have my hand/free weights and weight bench later this week (from what I've read weight bearing exercise is the best for osteoporosis, and its something I can do at home, anytime, rain or shine). And I know I'm not falling apart now. I'm all set and ready to go!

Thank you so much for this forum - it is so wonderful to have women to share with, and know I'm not the only one!

Best regards,
    Corinne (I'm not falling apart!)

• Marilyn Kay Houser
    23 years ago

Welcome to the Lab Corrine ! So keep posting about your progress or side effects of Phyto Proleif. I have been using it for about a month or so. Hoping that the phytoestrogens and the natural progesterone will eventually balance out and cure my hot flashes,night sweats and insomnia. It has cured my vag. dryness completely and that was within one week. Previous to that the combi patch was reeking havoc with my system! So I hope you have great results with the cream. I may need some added estrogen or phytoestrogen. Got to go I am flashing! And my kids are hounding me to get on the net. More later. Marilyn

• Diane
    23 years ago

Just thought I'd share this with y'all. I started having sharp pains on my right breast a few days ago and started getting paranoid it might be cancer. My doctor, however, said it might just be a cyst. Anyway, my rep for Phytoprolief suggested that I apply the cream directly on that part that hurts. I tried it once, and guess what??? The pain is totally gone!!!!!

• Marilyn Houser
    23 years ago

Wow How come your rep told you to put it right on your breast and my doctor told me to keep it off my breasts? OK who do you listen to? Great for you the pain went away. Thats what my rep told me that it would reduce the swelling, I had it from the combi patch and whether it was just getting off the patch and I became unswollen? Or use of the phytoproleif helped. So I hope it does work for you and certainly that the cysts ar benign!!! Best wishes Marilyn

• barbie
    23 years ago

OK, I know I said I would wait, but I couldn't stand the hot flashes and night sweats any more and I started taking Promensil again on Saturday 17th. They are easing thank goodness but haven't disappeared completely (but it's only been a couple of days). Perhaps when this Promensil 12 week pack has finished, the PhytoProlief will have kicked in and I will have another trial of "no Promensil" to see if PhytoProlief is sufficient on its own.

I have been following Dr Lee's book where he says to use progesterone cream twice daily for three months, then once daily. I was using AIM Renewed Balance for the first two months and PhytoProlief for the third month (commencing 6th February).

On my regime I am using the cream 16 days per month and my three months is up now and this is my two weeks off, so when I go back on it I will use it at night only.

I obviously haven't found my balance yet but compared to others, I am pretty new at this trial and error thing. I won't give up!

Re putting it on your breast, both the creams I have used mention the breast as one of the places to apply it and also Dr Lee says so in his book, as long as you put it on a different area each time so as not to saturate one area.

Marilyn, what phyto estrogens are you using? In your previous messages I understood you to mean you were just using progesterone cream.

Good health to all
    Barbie

• Sarah
    23 years ago

This is the first I have heard of anyone having pains on their breasts that aren't cysts and aren't cancer. I actually though ran into a woman over the weekend, who said the pains, the aches, and the spreading warmth (does anyone else have that) are all hormonal changes. I am going to try the progesterine cream right on the ache and I can change every day as the aches move around the breast.

I am beginning to think it is also stress as I just seem to be stressed no matter what I do, now I am stressed about no work and my relationship is a mess because I am never happy and I believe, him, in not knowing how to cope with me screams and yells at me. (We have been together for over 20 years and I have 2 stepkids who live far away and are grown up) SEX, whats SEX?

Today it was raining and my breast aches and I just decided to not even get dressed, just type at my computer.

I think if I could just get this heartache (maybe its a broken heart) to go away I will be happy again.

Sarah

PS Someday I will send the happiest mail you have ever seen!
    Believe it or not I so hate being a whiner, complainer, and victim. I am also so self absorbed because I don't have anything, thank God, to worry about anything except me.

• Lil
    23 years ago

Aww Sarah, I'm sorry to hear you're having such a blue day. It is tough when things don't seem to have any upside. Maybe it would help you feel better to look into finding something to give you a sense of purpose and accomplishment. Women of our age have so much experience to give. Could you maybe donate a few hours to some charity you love, the children's hospital, Humane society, etc.until the work picks up again? You could also look for an antidepressant perhaps to help you out of the slump. But I really think its important to have a reason to get out of bed in the morning and feel good about what you've done. Best wishes, hope you feel better soon.

• Gracie
    22 years ago

For those of you interested in oct progesterone creams, perhaps this will give you an idea of what other ladies are using.

• Tammy Jenkins
    22 years ago

Hi! I agree, Phytoprolief is the one of the best progesterone creams available. I tried many before I found Phytoprolief. The website I get it from has lots of health information about menopause and perimenopause. It also has nurse consulting. (The distributor is also a RN and helped answer many of my questions and I got my Phytoprolief in just 3 days for only 4.20 shipping!) I sent her my testimonial for this product and told her I was going to post to message boards about her product and great service.

Here is a link that might be useful: Phytoprolief Online!

• Ronnie
    22 years ago

I'd like to move this up so Tulip can look over the thread.

• Tina
    22 years ago

Hello ladies,

I just recieved my PhytoProlief today. I placed my order for it on the web site just this past Monday night. I was amazed and very happy that it came so fast. I just put on my first application. I hope the results are just as fast as the shipment was!
    Tina

• Jacqueline Tortora
    22 years ago

I am new at this so please forgive me if I mess up. I have been reading all the comments on progesterone cream and I have a question that I hope someone can give me an answer to. I have been anorexic for 20 years and I am 36 yrs old.I only had my period for about 1 1/2 yrs when I was 14 until I was almost 16. Since then never again. I suffer from panic attacks which I have tried everything to be free from. I have been on regular meds and herbal suppliments[a whole list of them]. I get some relief but never 100%. I read that progesterone is called the balancer of hormones. I could only guess that I am deficient in it. Could a natural progesterone cream help me. I am thinking that a depletion of progesterone may be what is holding me back from being able to be set free from these panic attacks. Besides, I do have other symptoms like mood swings irritablity etc. I understand that these symptoms could be caused by alot of things. Will using the cream make me start to have a period? Any help will be so appreciated. I would talk to my doctor but her solution is to prescribe me something where the list of side effects are a mile long.

• pjeans
    22 years ago

I have read all the messages on this site and do believe I am on the right track. I am 46 and 3 weeks ago hada radical hysterectomy. I did not expect to go through al the symptoms of menopause so soon. I hate it right now. I fell like I am just about to lose my mind, Mood swings are awful. Depression, no sleep, hot flashes all of it driving me nust. I have searched the internet like a "mad man" trying to find some answers. I feel that doc Lee's theory on estrogen dominance could be what I had been having the last four or five years before surgery. I was thinking about ordering Phytoprolief, but then I ran across anotner product that cought my intrest. I found it at hormone profile.com. They sell progesterone in the tube or pump only claiming that cream in a jar could become contaminated. The product is called Natural Ptogesterone and this months special is a 2oz tube and 2oz pump. both for 28.95. Has any one out there used this product? I sure would love some feedback, all I want is to fell good again! Thanks for listening.

• debbie
    22 years ago

To pjeans. I have been using Phyto Prolief for 3 months now with very good results. There service is also excellent. There are so many out there it gets confusing. I have not tried any others since this one works for me.

• pjeans
    22 years ago

To Debbie, I thank you for your input on Phyto Prolief. I am glad to hear it works well for you. I can only hoope it will do the same for me. After much research I have narrowed it down to one of two, Phyto Prolief or Pre-gest. I don't know for sure which one it will be, but I will be ordering something by this week end. Has any one tried pro-gest? I would love to hear your comments about it. I'll let you know what I decide to use and how it works for me. Until then, happy health to all!!!!

• TinaNY
    22 years ago

Anymore ideas on other Creams?

• CindyC
    22 years ago

I have had good results with Progesta-Care, which I bought at a health food store. It comes in a pump that delivers the appropriate amount.

• Mary Stimpson
    22 years ago

I have been purchasing Pro-Gest natural progesterone over the counter for the past 2 years here in Toronto, Canada. I buy it from the Markie Pharmacy, Toronto. The transdermal cream now comes in a "double" package: 2 x 2oz or 2 x 60 gm tubes at a cost of $69.99 + GST and PST (CDN).
    My doctor informed me that he could not prescribe natural progesterone cream because it is not on the approved drug list.
    Has anyone obtained "natural" progesterone cream by a doctor's prescription in Canada?

• Tishy
    22 years ago

??? It has been illegal to sell natural progesterone over the counter in Canada since 1997. Do you mean *under* the counter?

As for your doctor saying it is not an approved product, progesterone is an approved drug so it shouldn't matter what vehicle is used for its delivery - pill, injection, gel or cream.

Here is a link that might be useful: Health Canada

• Sylvia
    22 years ago

I just ordered the PhytoProleif. I just hope it is the miracle cream you all are claiming to be... In addition, I am running to the health store to buy something while the phyto arrives.. I am desperate.. it seems to me that I may be estrogen dominant (by your comments) my breasts hurt (it seems) all THE TIME !!! now, I am 45 and my tsh blood tests show that I am not menopausal yet.. any ideas? I have all the other syntoms too.. bad sweats and hot flashes.. the only new one I have that none of you mentioned is that I get cold sometimes.. so I go from sweaters to tank tops.. HORRIBLE.. please help me...

• Joan
    22 years ago

Hi Sylvia

I'm with you on the hot and cold thing. When my hot flushes were at their worst I went from boiling hot to icey cold in a short space of time more than 40 times a day and night but that extreme only lasted for three months at that level and then it started to improve which was very welcome. It was easy to actually catch a chill so you have to be careful not to do that.

Jackets on, jackets off, slippers on, slippers off, windows open, windows shut, blankets on, blankets off..... and on and on. I've never been so "unbalanced"! It can keep a lady more than busy trying to keep up with such fluctuating temperatures.

I hope it soon passes for you too as I'm much better now so there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Regards
    Joan

• Karen
    22 years ago

I am currently trying to switch from Activella to Phyto Prolief. I tried the website listed above in previous messages but never heard anything when I filled out the order form. I called the phone numbers and they have been disconnected. I've heard such good results with the cream and am worried about the side effects of hrt. Does anyone have another way of getting the cream ? Or at least something comparable ?

• Cindy C
    22 years ago

Karen,
    I bought some Phyto-Prolief, but don't like it as much as a brand called Progesta-Care. Progesta-Care was relatively easy to rub in. It seems like the Phyto-Prolief pump bottle delivers a lot of cream and it takes forever to rub in. I just don't like the consistancy of the stuff. It forces you to rub it in over a very large surface area. Try the Progesta-Care if you can find it. I think you will like it.

• drogers
    22 years ago

I bought my Progesta-Care from The Vitamin Shoppe. I paid $20.97 for a 3oz pump. I got mine from a store in my area, but the do have a web-site that you can order from. Tomorrow will be my first day using it and I can't wait. I'm trying to reverse the effects of the Depo Provera shot.

• JerriEllijay
    22 years ago

It's been almost a year since this thread has started. Could the ladies who started the cream in February chime in and let us know the results?
    Thanks, Jerri

• kjimp
    22 years ago

Sounds like you ladies know and I am confused. So here goes. I am a young 55, in good shape (huh!) no uterus since 25 and ovaries out about 10 years ago. I take premarin .625. Thats it!! Is it enough, will more help? I am quite dry, no real sex drive (partly because of that!) and do not know what I need to help with both. Also the big O is a work of art. Hubby is very patient. My DR. hough doesn't seems too interested. Been going to switch Dr. for some incontinence help too but do not know if I need a GYN or a Urologist or just the GNC store. See if you can give me a new start. I have been reading your forums to learn!

• toni51
    16 years ago

I had a complete hystercony 2 years ago. I've never taken any thing for the hot flashes, etc. My doctor suggested anti-depressions but I'm not depressed. I've gain 30 pounds in the last 2 years. Never had a weight problem before!!! I just started taking phtyo prolief and I'm hoping to see some results soon. How much time should I give the product before I see my doctor? The hot flashes are terrible and very obvious (my face turns beet red). I'm a high school principal and it is very embrassing when I have a hot flash. Any suggestions?

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz