Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Found out part of my problem

Posted by carla17 (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 6, 07 at 9:57

I'be been diagnosed with hyperthyroidism. I felt so happy I lost 42 lbs. in 8 months. It was weird, like the weight just dropped off. That is why I'm hot, irritable, and other feelings. I'm just lucky my thyroid swelled so the doc could find out. If you ladies think you have thyroid problems, please see a doctor. Bad news is after I am on meds, I should gain the weight back!!! :-(

Carla

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Found out part of my problem

I'm glad you found out what was going on. Remember to keep an eye on your bones. Hyperthyroidism seems to go hand in hand with osteoporosis. What meds did your doc put you on?
Mrs H

o

Hi Mrs. H. I just had the test today with the radio active pill so the doc doesn't have my test results yet. No wonder I've been so hot, my engine is heated up, LOL. I heard from the tech that I will gain every pound I lost back. If that's true, that is a real BUMMER. I lost 42 pounds. Sometimes the cross we bear gets very heavy. I already have bad arthritis in my hands. I am only 52 and have had a hip replacement too! Sorry to whine.
Thank you for the info. on osteo.

Carla

o

If you modify your diet to the number of calories you need, that should help maintain your weight. Were you 42 pounds overweight, or are you underweight now? There may be a place in the middle that you would like. You're whining doesn't bother me at all, in fact, I feel right at home, lol.
Mrs H

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here