SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
julie_va

piddle problems

julie_va
22 years ago

I am new to this forum so I hope this isn't a repeat. I am just now ready to admit, okay, I have been in peri-menopause for a few years. I am 46 and have never given birth. I am still having semi-regular cycles, but have noticed something. Before my period begins I wet myself when I cough. I think it must be a hormonal thing because it stops once my period begins. I have heard of this happening in women who have had children. I mentioned it to my gyn and he just said it could be a change in the hormones at that time and just live with it. I am tired of wearing pads or shoving a paper towel down there (if I am shopping or don't have any pads with me). Any suggestions?

I also think now I must become a regular at this site. It looks very informative. Thanks. I hope you all have a happy and unhormonal holiday. Can I throw in a complaint right now? For the last 3 years I begin spotting after Thanksgiving and continue till just before Christmas when I flood. It is very inconvenient running to the little girl's room every 30 minutes to t.c.b. especially if we are driving 4 hours away to the in-laws. Thanks, just needed to whine and get it off my chest before we get on the road.

Comments (8)

Sponsored