Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tylenol PM and insomnia

Posted by loulou16 (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 22, 01 at 7:56

I have begun taking tylenol PM to induce sleep for me since I stopped taking my HRT. It seems to work very well and I was wondering if anyone has tried it for their wakeful menopausal nights. I don't feel too drowsy in the am, so I guess it will be okay for me. I would really appreciate hearing from you. Thanks Lou

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tylenol PM and insomnia

I don't like drugs. Especially Tylenol, which wreaks havoc on your liver. I use L-Tryptophan with wonderful results! Note - this is not 5-HTP, which gives me terrible stomach pain - but real L-Tryptophan (it's still available; you just have to look for it). Also, I found that fixing my hormones (adrenals etc.) made a HUGE difference in my sleep -- my insomnia before that was realllllly bad: it got worse and worse over several years, to the point where I was only sleeping 15-30 minutes per night. Now I sleep 6 to 9 hours per night, usually waking up once to pee, sometimes not waking up at all -- it's so wonderful !

Love, JoJo

o

Hi Jo Jo
Well I will take the tylenol until next week when I speak with my doctor. She may want to put me on a natural progesterone cream.It is suppose to make you sleep better. I thought tht they banned L-Tryptophan. Is it back on the market? I can't believe that you were only sleeping 15-30 minutes. I sleep okay without the tylenol, but I keep waking every few hours and that makes me crazy since I was such a good sleeper when on HRT. What do you mean fixing your adrenals? Thanks Lou

o

If you want the same effects as tylenol pm without the painkiller, take benedryl. It is the same ingredient as the "PM" part.

o

I can't remember where I read this (on another thread here?) but taking calcium at bedtime seems to help me have a better quality sleep. I may awake during the night but I am able to get easily back to sleep. Someone suggested perhaps its like drinking a warm glass milk at bedtime.

o

Your Post is good. With the use of Hypnotherapy and Self-Hypnosis you can experience significantly improved sleep, mood, and energy. By learning to successfully use the techniques of self-hypnosis, you will take control of your sleep, mind, and body. You will be empowered by the realization that the key to conquering insomnia resides within you Therefore, you will boost your confidence in your personal power and strengthen your sense of self-esteem, which is fundamental to optimal health and well-being

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here