Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pro Gest

Posted by loulou16 (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 18, 01 at 6:59

Good Morning
Is anyone out there in the world of menopause using Pro Gest?
I take Remifemin and now would like to try a progesterone cream and have read that Pro Gest is very good and very safe, and can help you sleep more soundly. I would really appreciate any information anyone would have. Thank you

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pro Gest

Hi Lou, I used ProGest for over a year before switching to a prescription progesterone cream. Within a few days of use I was sleeping through the night for the first time in years and hot flashes began to subside. After six months my brain fog began to clear and I was able to concentrate and read again for the first time in about 3 years. I like the texture and scent of ProGest better than other brands that I tried. I still use it ocassionally for a face moisturizer and would be using it daily if my doctor had not cooperated with a prescription for a progesterone cream. Although the prescription cream is more concentrated and I use less, the dose is the same: 20 to 25 mg. per day.

o

Thanks Anifani4! I will be talking with my doctor next week and hope she will cooperate too. If not I will try the the progest cream. Did you use it 20 days on and one week off? Do most GYN's believe in this progesterone cream? I am really interested in trying it. I can't keep taking tylenol pm for sleep each night! Thank you. Lou

o

I'd venture to say most gyns do not "believe" in the otc progesterone cream: evidence use of the words yam scam and other negative attitudes by the western medical profession. Dr. John Lee, the biggest proponent of natural progesterone cream, is profiting from a theory that was never proven scientifically - a no no as far as medicine is concerned. Since he is an MD, I have always been puzzled by his apparent lack of interest in proper research for his theory. Still, I gained some insight from his writing, and had a strong feeling that progesterone was what I needed. Turned out to be right, fortunately for me. But I don't believe it is the panacea that he claims.

When I started with ProGest I used 1/4 tsp twice a day for two months straight. I gradually cut back on the dose to once a day. Some months I took a 5 day break, others I felt so bad after a day or two without the progesterone that I went back on it. Now I take a 3 to 5 day break every 6 weeks or so. I can not explain how I "know" when to do it. Some inner wisdom lets me know how much to use and when to stop.

o

Hi Ani and thank you.
I really want to try the cream, and will give my gyn a chance to say here is one I like, but if that does not happen, I will try Pro Gest. Can you buy that at a vitamin shop such gnc or do you have to order it. Thanks for your help. I really do appreciate it. Lou

o

Individual stores may carry it. You can also order it from quite a variety of places.

Here is a link that might be useful: Google search results screen for

o

anifani:

Dr. Lee got his information from Raymond Peat, PhD Yes it is proven every day in Dr. Lee's practice (and other sensible MDs, DOs and Naturopaths)and in women who see the common sense in the biology and research and try it on their own.

The pharmaceutical companies cannot have monopoly on natural progesterone, so synthetics is their money maker.

See a few of Dr. Peat's articles at efn.org/~raypeat

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here