Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
restless legs

Posted by noopy9 (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 29, 09 at 5:50

Today I got some blood test results. My ferritin level was 32 with the range being 15 to 285. I am suffering restless leg syndrome all the time, often in my arms as well.I sit on my couch trying to stretch my legs all the time! I read that low ferritin can cause this. Mine is at the low end. I have placed a bar of soap under my bed sheets, which helps most of the time, but when I'm not in bed I guess I'll have to carry a block around with me! (not likely!) Is anyone else suffering with this SO much? This has all started 4 months ago after I had my uterus removed. Ovaries are now atrophied. Not having many other symptoms, except my thyroid TSH level has climbed to 3.6 Any advice? This is hell! Got stressed to the max on XMAS day and the next day got a UTI! Never got a UTI through just stress before! I get my hormone test results in a few days, so will see. The bar of soap is a method some hospitals are using with success in case readers havn't heard of it. Just need to know if any other ladies have this and how they manage. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: restless legs

Hi Noopy9 from down under! I am a new member just today. I'm sorry to hear you are not feeling great! Were you prescribed Iron supplements for your low ferritin level to build your blood up. My birthday is Oct 18 also! I had a complete hysterectomy and breast removed in the same year. That was 4 years ago. I have restless leg also and anemia. When I feel that ickky feeling, I know I need Iron. I don't understand what that bar of soap is suppose to do? Just curious. I was searching for alternatives for Hot flashes and I ran into to you. You are not alone. I really do hope we can find some relief (smile Libra) Peace Sylvia

o
RE: restless legs

Hi Sylvia,
NO, I wasn't advised or prescribed iron. This is twice in 4 months I've had low ferritin diagnosed. The first time 8 weeks ago I was ev en lower levels, but these two doctors never thought anything of it. I never seem to meet good doctors, and over here there are very few of them! Maybe it is physosomatic that the bar of soap works, who knows? It does work, as long as I'm in bed. I will get some iron tabs in the next couple of days and try to remedy this. Thanks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here