Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Glad You're All Here!!

Posted by Puterlady48 (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 11, 01 at 0:28

Hi. I'm new here and am so glad to have found this forum!! I just turned 48 and have been suffering from symptoms of perimenopause for awhile, but they've gotten worse in the last 6 months. After much research and discussion with my doctor, I am going to start taking a low-dose birth control pill (Mircette) when I start my next period. (I've been infertile for nearly 30 years and have not taken birth control pills.) My doc says taking the birth control pills will reduce or eliminate some of the symptoms I suffer from--night sweats, lack of concentration, short term memory loss, mood swings, heavy periods, spotting, etc.. I would love to hear from some of you who have been where I am--just share some of your experiences with me. There are times when I think I'm losing my mind. I'm anxious to get started on "the pill" and find out if it works.

Thanks for being here! I love the Internet!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Glad You're All Here!!

Hi Puterlady! Welcome. I too started low dose birth control pills five years ago (I was 43). I had been suffering from terrible PMS and was entering into my second marriage and chose it for birth control. Three months after being on the pill I had what I call an *awakening*. Life was wonderful without the ups and downs of hormonal nightmarish PMS. For me it was the best thing that could have happened. I too was told that the pill could usher me through perimenopause and menopause symtoms...time will tell. Keep us informed, and good luck.

o

I am 43 & started taking a low-dose pill several months ago for peri symptoms. It doesn't make everything go away, but definitely has helped.

o

I am 46 and took the pill Mircette for seven months for perimenopause systems. It did help at the beginning. Less anxietey, etc. After the 3rd month I kept developing what I thought were vaginal infections. Funny feeling in the uretha area. Went to GYN several times, she gave me Metrogel but when she did a test it came back negative for infection. She said that maybe I was dry in the vagina area and gave me Premarin to use 3 times a week. It helped. I also went off the pill and am feeling much better. Taking soy supplements instead.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here