Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
death in my family

Posted by maryjo24 (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 25, 06 at 20:49

Hi gals, I'm going thru all the perimenopause crap right with you all. To make things almost unbearable my son (age 25) died on 11/16/06 in a car accident. So now I not only have hair growing in weird places on my body, mood swings, I'm tired all the time, I look old, hot flashes, my body aches....and now my heart is broken. I'd go thru all the crazy stuff of menopause & not utter a word, just to have my son back even for 1 day. I think my new take on life is, all the things I thought were big deals really aren't. They really aren't! Hug your family today for me, will you gals?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: death in my family

Oh maryjo..........I don't know what to say. I can't imagine the hell you are going through. I think that's something that all parents fear as the worst thing that could ever happen.
I'm just speechless. I can't imagine the agony and loss.
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))

It really does put everything in perspective, doesn't it? Perimenopausal symptoms mean absolutely nothing, in comparison.
I wish there were some way I could comfort you. I'm just so very sorry for your loss. Try to hold on to the love of those around you. And somehow believe that you will see him again. Talk to him now. He's probably right there with you.
My 17 year old son just walked in, and I hugged him soooo hard. I will remember what you've said Maryjo, and keep everything in perspective.
I will be thinking of you Maryjo, and sending comforting thoughts and hugs your way for a very long time.

o

How are you doing Maryjo?
I'm thinking of you.

o

Maryjo - I am so sorry. It's a parents worst nightmare, my heart aches for you.
Keeping you in my thought and prayers and will light a special candle for your son.

hugs,
Cheryl

o

maryjo..maybe a good time to visit the gp or gyn...you can't medicate your feelings (although some try) but sure time to see what else s/he can offer for all the other stuff...

you didn't mention dh...if he's in the picture haul him with you...

just by posting you've made a huge step. (((((hugs to the entire family)))))

o

Maryjo,
((((((hugs)))))), I'm so sorry to hear what you are going through. I'm sending lots of hugs and prayers your way!!!

o

Thank you girls for all the hugs, prayers & well wishes. I am doing ok. I'm taking hour by hour now. My hubby, on the other hand is not doing as well as me. Please keep thinking good thoughts for us. Thank you so much!

o

Good thoughts coming your way Maryjo. Give your husband a hug for us too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here