SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
megs2_gw

Prometrium or switch Docs ?Please help me!!!

megs2
13 years ago

Oh please I can't take anymore. I am not suicidal I swear but I am so incredibly sad. I want to be me again. I want to look and feel like me again. I look in the mirror and I don't know who I am anymore.

I am 45yrs/old, no children because I never got pregnant. My mother died 4 years ago of ovarian cancer. He mother died when at age 36 of breast Cancer.After mom died I got divorced.An act of serendipity connected me with my first boyfriend who I have loved my entire life.We were forced to seperate 28 years when we were forbidden to see eachother.We reconnected by chance after not seeing eachother for 28 years. We cried, hugged and fell madly in love again.

So here I am with the love of my life, and I should be happy. I stopped having periods 2 years ago, developed severe hot flashes, gained 55 pounds, and cry whenever a hershey bar is not in my hand. I was a size 6, now a sz16! I don't want to die of ovarian ca and I'm not going to have kids so why not have a hysterectomy?

I went to the doctor today. This is a new doctor as I have moved across the country. All I want is some freakin' estrogen,and progesterone, lose my weight, and actually have a sex appetite again.I also want a hysterectomy getting my ovaries out so I don't die of cancer because of my famly history.

Well this doctor insists on putting me on prometrium 400mg for 10 days to see if I bleed. Then he wants to do a pelvic ultra sound. Then hormone levels and genetic testing for breast and ovarian screening. WHY!!!!????? All I want is to get my ovaries out and start taking hormones so I can have a life!

I told him I have had my hormones checked before and it indicated I am menapausal. I think this is crazy. I filled the prometrium but I am wondering if he is crazy. He says insurance will not pay for the surgery unless he does all this crap. I called my insurance and they said they would pay for a hysterectomy if the doctor says it is necessary. Why would he say this? Am I some strange experiment or what? I am for the genetic testing but the rest of this is just of no use. Am I wrong?

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Through The Garden, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
#1 Landscape Design Build Firm Serving Virginia/Maryland & DC Area