Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Prometrium or switch Docs ?Please help me!!!

Posted by megs2 (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 5, 10 at 19:09

Oh please I can't take anymore. I am not suicidal I swear but I am so incredibly sad. I want to be me again. I want to look and feel like me again. I look in the mirror and I don't know who I am anymore.

I am 45yrs/old, no children because I never got pregnant. My mother died 4 years ago of ovarian cancer. He mother died when at age 36 of breast Cancer.After mom died I got divorced.An act of serendipity connected me with my first boyfriend who I have loved my entire life.We were forced to seperate 28 years when we were forbidden to see eachother.We reconnected by chance after not seeing eachother for 28 years. We cried, hugged and fell madly in love again.
So here I am with the love of my life, and I should be happy. I stopped having periods 2 years ago, developed severe hot flashes, gained 55 pounds, and cry whenever a hershey bar is not in my hand. I was a size 6, now a sz16! I don't want to die of ovarian ca and I'm not going to have kids so why not have a hysterectomy?

I went to the doctor today. This is a new doctor as I have moved across the country. All I want is some freakin' estrogen,and progesterone, lose my weight, and actually have a sex appetite again.I also want a hysterectomy getting my ovaries out so I don't die of cancer because of my famly history.

Well this doctor insists on putting me on prometrium 400mg for 10 days to see if I bleed. Then he wants to do a pelvic ultra sound. Then hormone levels and genetic testing for breast and ovarian screening. WHY!!!!????? All I want is to get my ovaries out and start taking hormones so I can have a life!

I told him I have had my hormones checked before and it indicated I am menapausal. I think this is crazy. I filled the prometrium but I am wondering if he is crazy. He says insurance will not pay for the surgery unless he does all this crap. I called my insurance and they said they would pay for a hysterectomy if the doctor says it is necessary. Why would he say this? Am I some strange experiment or what? I am for the genetic testing but the rest of this is just of no use. Am I wrong?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Prometrium or switch Docs ?Please help me!!!

I hate to say it, but go to a female doctor and tell her what you want to do. Good luck.

o
RE: Prometrium or switch Docs ?Please help me!!!

Dear Megs2,

I am not a doctor but have been through so much with menopause too much to get into. If you read some other topics you will see my story.

I just started with bio-identical hormone replacement pellets. You should look into it. Just google it and you will open yourself up to a new world.

Just started 5 weeks ago and feel a difference already. Prior to beginning I was on estrogen patch for 2 years. I also take 100 mg of prometrium every night and still do even with pellets its important when you have all your parts.

Hoe you will look into it and good luck. Let me know how you do.

lostnj

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here