SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
catherinet11

Exercise bicycle........ouch!

catherinet
17 years ago

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure this is the right place to post this, but I'll give it a try. (Since I'm recently in menopause).

I've started using our very dusty old exercise bicycle.

I had knee surgery in July, and discovered that I can use it now without knee pain. YAY! But........even with a sheepskin cover on the seat, it kills my "parts" down there! It doesn't hurt, until I get off, and ouch!!

It doesn't help much to use extra padding. I guess my top half is too heavy! (another reason why I'm using the bike!).

Does this happen to anyone else, and how did you deal with it??

Also.......riding the bike gives me some sciatica too. Just too much pressure there I guess. I guess I need to put a tractor seat on there!! :)

Comments (2)

• rthummer
    17 years ago

Yes, I know exactly what you are talking about. Like a throbbing pain? Shooting type pain, also. I used one many years ago and finally donated it, I just could not use it. Maybe another kind of seat would help you. Glad that your knee is in recovery!! WooHoo!!!!

• catherinet
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks rthummer,
    Yes, that's the kind of pain I'm talking about. I wonder if they make seats out of that gel stuff they use in shoe inserts? lol! That would help alot!
    My knee still yells out every once in a while, but I finally got rid of the constant pain and limping. It made me realize that with my fibromyalgia, anything I have done will hurt alot more and alot longer than "normal" people, but that eventually it gets well. It was GREAT walking without pain again!
    Thanks! :)

Sponsored