Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Period Again

Posted by leafgirl (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 16, 07 at 17:29

After 8 years, my period has started the other day! I am 59 years old. Has this ever happened to anybody else? It started a tiny bit 3 months ago, but just a little bit for about 3 days, now this week its heavier, not like the old days, but definitely more than a little spotting.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Period Again

I would make an appointment to see my gyn as soon as he/she could get me in. I'm not trying to sound like an alarmist, but eight years without any period, then to start again seems very strange to me. That's just my 2 cents worth, and may not be worth even that.
Mrs H

o

I think it's a good idea to see your doctor if you suddenly have bleeding after that long. I can remember reading some things over the years that recommend it - it can be a symptom of some underlying problem that may need to be dealt with.

o

A few years ago, my SIL started bleeding after a few years of no periods. She went to her gyn, needed a D and C, was totally fine afterwards. Get it checked out,please.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here