SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
landygirl

Long lasting ovulation pain

landygirl
16 years ago

Have read the previous long post re ovulation pain which has helped me especially the description bowel/urine activity causing agonising pain as thats me!

I am 46 yrs old and perimenopausal and in past 18 months have only had two normal cycles and periods! I have just had hysteroscopy and D&C for irregular bleeding and spotting and flooding and all normal so its my hormones as they say.

Since a teenager I have experienced ovulation pain every month on right side lasting up to 2 days always ending on day 14 of cycle.

18 months ago when everything went haywire and my cycle could be from short to two months long I started getting ovulation pain at anytime of cycle and it was much much worse and lasted up to 5 days. I have had three ultrasound scans in last 18 months but everytime by time I get the scan the pain has gone and all is normal.

Also I can now go months without the pain but when I do get it its awful and last so long.

I call it the walking on eggs pain as everytime I stand up or sit down its like I am on eggs as I have to be that gentle!! Also I get the excrutiating pain just before I pass water or have a bowel movement it shoots from very low down right side of abdomen up to top of hip and over into back. If I press my lower abdomen very low down the pain is evil.

I have rushed to my Dr many times in last 18 months convinced I have appendicitis even though it is the same pain everytime and of course have blood test and its not appendicitis.

this last 18 months nothing is normal as I know it anymore so I don't know what is going to happen and I get in a panic. Previously whenever I got the ovulation pain I would know that it would go away everytime on day 14 but now everything is haywire I have no idea how long it will last.

this cycle I got to day 49!! and I started the ovulation pain and also slight bleeding and spotting. I am now on day 6 of this awful pain and its not getting any better.

Doe anyone else get this pain lasting long time??

Comments (4)

Sponsored