SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
catherinet11

Still having palpitations, after all these years.

catherinet
15 years ago

Hi everyone,

I just did a search on this forum on "irregular heartbeats", and found a big long discussion I'd had with several of you back in 2006. I can't believe I'm still having these!

Grandmapoo.......are you still around? Are your's gone now?

Its been really bad for the past couple of days. I have about 4-6 PVCs/min.

I had a big cardiac workup in the summer, and all was normal. Usually, if I cut back on my Calcium/magnesium I get PVCs. About a month ago, I had to stop the magnesium. I was on zoloft, and it caused horrible diarrhea (in addition to my usual diarrhea with IBS), and so I quit taking my magnesium all that time. Now my heartbeats are going crazy.

I haven't had a period in 4 years, but I'm still aware of occasional ovary pain.......which is usually followed by GI problems, anxiety, trouble sleeping, muscle aches and pains, reflux, and PVCs. Every time I have one more burst of these beats, I think "hopefully, this is my ovaries last hurrah!". It all goes away for awhile, and then comes back a few months later.

someone on the old thread about this mentioned aloe vera capsules. I think I'll try those.

I know these beats are benign (since I've recently had my heart checked out), but they still scare the begeebies out of me.

I don't want anyone to think that their struggles with perimenopause will last as long as mine. Mine started about 12 years ago. I think what happens is that as our FSH goes up and really starts flogging our ovaries to put out eggs, lots of funky things can happen until the ovaries go back to sleep.

God........what a pain in the A$$ this has all been (and intermittently continues to be!!)

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Preferred General Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Fairfax County's Specialized, Comprehensive Renovations Firm