Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
i am tired of being hot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by carla17 (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 12, 07 at 15:28

Just so I don't have to read this whole page and maybe others, please tell me what works for you. Previously, I used natural hormone cream. Convinced myself it wasn't working, duh, maybe I should have had them alter the formula. Now on Black Cohosh, doesn't seem to help either. Isn't the patch dangerous?

Thank you for your help
Carla

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: i am tired of being hot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i am tired of being hot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bet twenty or so years ago, you could have put that in a much different context, lol.

I don't have a serious problem with hot flashes. They usually occur between 1 and 3 in the morning, and are fairly short-lived. I used a soy supplement for awhile, but didn't really notice it changed much, and I now suspect that the negatives may outweigh the positives. My mother was on PremPro for years and she had great results. I suppose if the heat is something you just can't tolerate, you can try hormone replacement, but I would suggest the ones that are referred to as bio-identical. There are several of them available, so discuss with your gyn. That's probably the most effective and reliable treatment available.
Mrs H

o

how about air conditioning?baby,i'm tired of being hot too;tired of turning ac on and off in late november;tired of hubby b**tchin' cuz he's cold.so far ac works best.

o

In the evening when I'm watching TV in the family room I have a fan with a remote control switch. Whenever I feel a flash coming on I simply turn on the fan by pushing a button on the remote, let it run for a few minutes and then push the button again to turn it off. This was the best present my husband has ever given me, including all that really good jewelry. LOL
Chris

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here