Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Does the Pain ever go away?

Posted by
Juni-Per
(WontSay@anywhoo.com) on
Thu, Nov 15, 01 at 14:42

Once you are finished going through all the menopausal symptoms, does the pain and pressure go away?

How about the mood swings and irritability?

Is it just the "going through it" time frame with all the symptoms, and once you arrive.. it all goes away?

Or, is this IT? This is life now?

Thanks, I am curious, and hoping for the END of all this.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Does the Pain ever go away?

I am wondering the same thing. Maybe we will hear from some ladies who are considered to be through, or over menopause who will tell us what to expect. Sometimes I think once menopause starts it never ends, or just goes from one symptom to another. LOL

o

I would like an answer to this question too.

Once the hormones have done their thing and we are no longer perimenopausal and into the big menopausal, do all the symptoms leave us?

Will we be normal at any point again in the future, or is this the "schtick" from now on.

Kill me if it is.

o

Guess no one is through menopause, or maybe this is their way of telling us it is never ending. LOL

o

Hello everyone, I am 53 years old and have not had a "period" in about 11 1/2 months. I experience cramping in my abdomen and I was wondering if this is the pain and pressure you are talking about. Sometimes I think I am going to get a period for sure and then the cramps subside after a few days. I also still have painful breasts on occasion. I am not taking HRT in any form because of cancer in my family (my mom had ovarian cancer) My OB is not too pleased by my choice, but hey ladies, THIS IS MY BODY! I am wondering the same thing, does this pain ever go away. Well, it is Thanksgiving so I guess I better go take care of the turkeys (my hubby and the traditional thanksgiving bird too) Everyone have a wonderful day. Thank you to all who write back.

o

It is Thanksgiving here too right now, and we are all done eating and I have the kitchen cleaned and everyone settled down and about to watch "Miracle on 34th Street" on American Movie Channel.

I was hoping there would be an answer too by now.

Yesterday, I made an appointment with the closest gynie that does "Menopausal" work as a main focus. That will be on January 8th. Hopefully, I will get some answers then.

Anyone out there reading this? Hailing all Menopausal Brains to answer!

o

At 53, I'm not there yet, still having periodic visits. I have been told that it does get better, just not sure when. I know I have felt much better since beginning to use some soy supplement and progesterone creme. My guess is that whether its gets better or not you just cope and forget it. If it does get better why would you still want to visit a board like this? I suppose only if you wanted to share your experiences or didn't have anything else to do. I think peri is worse, first the denial, then the indecision, then with action you begin to feel in charge again. Good luck with your change in drs. I think I will change this year for the check up also. Haven't been impressed with the one I've seen the last 2 times. Need to make the appointment, just haven't.

o

Huh? Well I certainly hope so. Wait...what was the question? Ummm....

I call it "meno-fog." :) I'm certainly hoping it gets better...there is a forum in the link below about post-menopause, you may check there.

Carina

Here is a link that might be useful: meno stuff

o

Because so many people confuse signs of aging with signs of menopause, it's impossible to answer this question with an unqualified yes or no. Yes the hot flashes go away or decrease to a level to where you don't really notice them much. The insomnia pretty much disappears. The "fog" disappears. You may find yourself more assertive and a little less willing to suffer fools patiently.

The aches and pains that go along with an aging body won't go away though. The wrinkles and grey hair aren't going to go away.

The above is true if you don't use exogenous hormone preparations. If you do use those you will not be post menopausal in a biochemical sense. Instead you will remain perimenopausal for as long as you take these drugs and hold back your body's natural transition to post menopause.

I had my last period in Nov. of 1994. I still have a few mild hot flashes every day but I seldom even notice them now. I sleep reasonably well, have no memory or cognitive problems, and can honestly say that I've never felt better in my life. I take no drugs or otc supplements of any kind.

o

From my experience the pain doesn't. I am 55 and I have been going thru menopause for 8 years. I really had a pretty good grip on it by taking Trazadone to sleep, watching my health/diet/mild exercise etc...until they decided because of a BRACA test/family history to remove my ovaries.......WHOA. Three months and the body pain is hell, so much so I feel like I am 90. I have always been fit, a professional ballet dancer.....now I can barely walk 2 miles because the muscle recovery takes days. My 85 year old mother is doing better than I because she still takes estrogen and they won't give me any...

Don't have surgery to prevent cancer it ruins the quality of one's life, makes you feel 90 inside too fast.

I am going to find a way to get estrogen if I have to break into a pharmacy to do it....(kidding)

S

o

"Don't have surgery to prevent cancer it ruins the quality of one's life"

I know MANY BRCA1 or BRCA2 gene carriers who feel the opposite!

o

hey when ya break in to get it give me some, Im in Illinois, ill drive you break.. now we can do it Thelma. Im Louise, are ya ready LOLLOL! vvvvvrrooooooooooommmm smash break. GOT IT!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here