SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
2ajsmama

Pregnant or perimenopause?

2ajsmama
15 years ago

Hi, I just turned 45 last month, have always been regular but this year my period started lasting 2-3 days with flooding the first and/or second day, then almost nothing if it lasted a 3rd. Also starts bright red - thank goodness it hasn't started with flooding, I usually get cramps and run to the bathroom and see red so can get a pad on. Have also had night sweats for over a year, but got better a few weeks ago after I put flannel sheets on (seems strange, but now I may wake up hot and kick the blankets off but at least I'm not sweating).

My last period was 9/29 (give or take a day), so I definitely expected it by Halloween. Nothing. I keep having twinges like my period is coming, but nothing. A little nausea right now, but not much. No breast changes (though much of the past year I've had tenderness and discharge from both sides, that ended a few months ago). We didn't use BC the 2 times we did it in Oct. I would be really surprised if I was pg since I had to have IVF 6 years ago to have dd after 2 miscarriages (genetic defects) back-to-back and then a year not getting pg. The RE didn't see why I couldn't get pg since I have gotten pg fairly soon after 1st mc, but it did take me 9 mos to get pg with that one, and 9 months after the 2nd loss I was just "do IVF, I don't care if you say to keep trying, I just turned 39 and we've been trying for 2 years!". My FSH was fine, but that was 6 years ago. Also, in 2 rounds of IVF, a dozen eggs each time, I only had 2 embryos that were normal each time - don't know what happened to dd's twin, but she was the only one that "took".

So is it likely that this is the start of menopause, or can I really be pg? I'm a little afraid to go buy an HPT - DH is going to be so upset! I have an appt 11/17.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Industry Leading General Contractors in Ohio