SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathleen_gw

Hormone replacement

kathleen
22 years ago

I had a complete hystorectomy 13 years ago. Since then I have gained 40 lbs. I am 53 and am presently on a hormone patch. I use to take a hormone shot. Problem was that I was still having hot flashes - and I was retaining fluid. Then I swithced to ortho prefest - this is normally giving to woman going through menapause - but I wanted to try to see if I would lose some weight. My hot flashes got worse and I didn't lose any weight - so I had to switch back to the patch. I am still having hot flashes but I don't want to increase dosage because I don't want to gain any more weight. I look like I am 3 mos pregnant. Now I don't know what to do. I am so depressed.

My girl friend is in menapause and she takes Triest - derivative of testosterone, Progesterone cream - rub on soft spots, belly/thighs every night, and potassium and magnesium (specially made from her doctor) once a month. She feels great and no weight gain.

I don't think my doctor will prescribe this for me because it is a more natural treatment. You know how traditional doctors are. I am 5'9" and weigh 162. I could handle the weight if my stomach didn't look like a watermellon.

Comment (1)

Sponsored