Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dizziness

Posted by
Elsiana
(F4gytjddm@aol.com) on
Sat, Nov 17, 01 at 12:54

Hi......I was so glad to find this forum! I just spent 3 days in the hospital in the cardiac unit and left with a clean bill of health. I have been feeling so dizzy, almost sometimes like I'm having an out of body experience. I have had horrible burning pains in my chest and this coupled with the dizziness made me go to the hospital. They told me I have the heart of a 35 year old and I am 52. I had a hysterectomy 8 years ago but left the ovaries, so I have no way of knowing if I am in menopause or not. I have been getting hot and cold flashes and thought they were anxiety attacks. They don't come at night but during the day. My doctor gave me Xanex. I take it on a as need basis and it does help but due to the nature of the drug, I don't want to continue it. I have seen that a number of you take femHRT. I'm going ask my doctor to first determine if this is menopause related and then see if I can try the drug. I also have thinning hair and noticed that when I exercise, I feel better. Who knows!!! But it was comforting to read all your letters, and I feel much less anxious about this now and not like I am going to die at any moment.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dizziness

Your doctor can determine, to some extent, whether or not your ovarian output is peri-menopausal by testing your FSH level. You might discuss having that done.

o
RE: Dizziness

FSH levels are so inaccurate that many women are found to be post menopausal years before their periods end, based on the results of the test, and many others are found to be reproductive years after their last periods based on the results of the same tests.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here