SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
balthus

Newbie Questions-Progesterone Cream

balthus
22 years ago

Hi - After reading a lot of posts here would like to try progesterone cream before starting the pack of FEMHRT that's been sitting on my desk for a week. I'm posted a few messages about my conflicts with starting HRT. Sorry for being repetitive if these questions have been answered somewhere else but:

1- I haven't had a real period since early July - some spotting in September for a day or two. How do I calculate day 1 or can I make today or any day day 1?

2- I've read to use 2 weeks on & 2 weeks off or else 3 weeks on & 1 week off. What's the difference & why one over the other?

3- I bought something called KAL Natural Progesterone with DLPA Liposome Cream. Label says 500 mg pure progesterone per ounce. USP grade progesterone. The health store had 3 or 4 different brands but this one had the least amount left on the shelevs so I thought if it's selling out, it must be better?

4-Do I start with the 1/4 tsps 2x/day?

5-Do I rub in fleshy areas or not? Tube says "desired" areas. Do you rotate where you apply?

6-My worst symptoms are insomnia & night sweats & vaginal dryness/burning. Would this be the best protocol to start with?

7-Should I have anything medically checked or monitored? In another post I mentioned my saliva test results were 103.4 for progesterone & 2.8 estradiol & 1.8 estriol. Testosterone was 32.6, DHEA was very low at 1.0 overall cortisol was low at 15.4. If I get relief, how long can one use this?

8-Should I expect any reactions or side effects? If so, which ones are ok & which ones mean stop using?

9-I am almost 49 & I have had 3 benign fibroid adenomas removed from my breast over the course of 25 years (1971, 1973 & 1995) & have pretty dense fibrocystic breasts (as does my mom & sister) but no actual family history of breats cancer. Is this cream ok to use?

In the interim I am trying to find a local doctor who I will feel more comfortable with than the one I've been seeing but need some relief in the interim.

Thanks so much.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Franklin County's Remodeling & Handyman Services