Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Re: Hair loss and hormones

Posted by
BNT
(b992359@hotmail.com) on
Tue, Nov 20, 01 at 9:56

I am new to this forum and accidently came to know about it while surfing the net to find out reasons about my severe hair loss. I read about using rogaine but I am skeptical about using it. I am 42 years old. My hair loss is so severe, that now I am even worried to pass a brush or comb thru my hair. It started about 7 years ago and has gradually become worse. Since last September my periods have become erratic. First I thought it was due to stress I was going thru in those days. We had some friends staying with us and that lady was a nightmare to live with. They left 3 months later but my erratic periods continued. The first day is just a light stain and then have sort of normal flow/bleeding for next three days and then its over. I now I am wondering after reading the messages on this forum whether this is due to hormonal imbalance. And whether this is the same reason why I have been losing so much hair.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Re: Hair loss and hormones

Psst...there is a long thread with exactly the same subject currently about 3" down this page!

Yes, it can be hormonal; you could be in perimenopause. But check out that other thread. Rogaine is apparently working for some women.

Carina

o
RE: Hair loss and hormones

I am sorry to have started a new thread here by mistake. Like I said I am new to this forum and did not know that by posting a message here which I actually wanted to be a follow-up would in fact turn out as a whole new discussion. I have been trying to delete this since then but dont know how to.
Thanks for your reply though.

o
RE: Re: Hair loss and hormones

Hehe...they don't let you delete or edit messages here (or I've just never figured out how.)

Anyhow, I'm 43 & having the same hair loss thing, in my case a receding hairline (hormone imbalance, too much testosterone or something.) I gave up going through a pound of mousse a week and had it cut in-your-face spikey short on Saturday. I love it, and Mr Carina is...well, I think he is getting used to it!

Carina

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here