Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
urinary incontinence and more...........

Posted by catherinet (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 17, 09 at 9:54

Ever since I got fibromyalgia about 15 years ago, I've had alot of urinary urgency and frequency. But this Fall, it got alot worse and I have episodes of incontinence.
Also.......I'm finding it difficult to get stool out, even when the stool is soft.
I'm fearing that everything is dropping internally, and putting pressure everywhere. I know there is a surgery to lift everything, but I sure don't want to have that.
I know about the kegel exercises, but wonder if there's more exercises I can do for both urine and stool health.
What a bummer this is. Seems like I just get one problem under control and another one pops up.
Anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: urinary incontinence and more...........

First Have you told your doctor about this. If not I urge you to do so.

Are you doing the Kegel exercises right. You should be able to feel the tightening of the muscles in the Vagina area tightening and loosening. Try cutting off and releasing the stream of urine when you are peeing. When you can do this you know you are doing them right.

Strengthen the rectum muscles by tightening and releasing those muscles too.

With both of these exercizes try to draw the rectum or Vagina up into your body and release

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here