Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Speaking of holidays....

Posted by hibiscus53 (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 8, 07 at 9:16

how crazy to we get? Has anyone started shopping,decorating,planning or do we all procastinate and become bigger bears than usual as the holidays near.Myself, for the first time ever started getting a few things. This will be our first Christmas in NC and want to enjoy it. We'll see....

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Speaking of holidays....

Well, I guess I'm a scrooge, but I don't even like the holiday season anymore except that I get to buy stuff for my 2 grand-daughters, my son and dil, my friends, and my family. This time of year holds in it some bad memories, and I hate that I have trouble just letting stuff go. I think I'm stuck in a rut, lol. How does Christmas in Cozumel sound? It kind of has a catchy little ring to it.
Mrs H

o

Wow, thanks for starting this post. I too am a humbug. I used to say it had to do with money and expections I put on myself (and by the population.). However, I am convinced it to had to do with expectations when I was small, and the pressure it put on my mom to "get it all done". I am very grateful to my partner in life because he doesnt care if things are "in order" around the house. WIth working and making ends meet, there doesnt seem to be a moment to enjoy the holidays I just dont have the energy to do much past 6:00 in the evening. But here they are and I will try to smile about it all. So before I get to grumpy, Happy Holidays to all my meno-sisters! Shotzy

o

Shotzy- happy holidays to you too! And all the rest of you great ladies.
Mrs H

o

Happy Holidays in advance to everyone on this wonderful forum!

We had Christmas Eve in our home for the past 16 years. The last few years were very stressful (gee, I wonder why?). My niece asked if I minded if she had it at her house this year (she remodeled her kitchen). I said, "mind, not at all" (while secretly doing the happy dance).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here